Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Connection fails every night at the same time

Thought I would provide a quick update on this, as it is quite interesting I got onto Support Chat yesterday, and after getting past the usual round of scripted questions, the consultant advised that there was an outage in my area with an estimated fix time of six days. I expressed surprise that "an outage" could cause my modem to lose connection at exactly the same time every single day for the past month or so, but there was a bit of a language issue that was causing me to not understand his replies, so I thought lets just let it lay there for six days and see what transpires. I also asked him to reset my password as it has never been provided to me, and I thought that worse comes to worse I could fire up my non Telstra modem and sort the issue that way. Anyway the long and the short of it is that I went home, did not touch the modem, and for the first time in a month (at least) my connection remained up overnight! Very strange indeed. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Level 2: Rookie

Hopefully it stays up and problem is solved, but I had an experience similar to you after Telstra reset my password and it worked for the first 2 days and then went back to dropping out at 5:14 am AEDST

@ClarkinPerth wrote:
Thought I would provide a quick update on this, as it is quite interesting I got onto Support Chat yesterday, and after getting past the usual round of scripted questions, the consultant advised that there was an outage in my area with an estimated fix time of six days. I expressed surprise that "an outage" could cause my modem to lose connection at exactly the same time every single day for the past month or so, but there was a bit of a language issue that was causing me to not understand his replies, so I thought lets just let it lay there for six days and see what transpires. I also asked him to reset my password as it has never been provided to me, and I thought that worse comes to worse I could fire up my non Telstra modem and sort the issue that way. Anyway the long and the short of it is that I went home, did not touch the modem, and for the first time in a month (at least) my connection remained up overnight! Very strange indeed. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

@ClarkinPerth wrote:

It has stayed up for 3 nights now.  Fingers crossed it stays that way!

My issue seemed to be resolved on the 23 December (started on 14 December), however on 15 January my issue started again... I'm now on the chat to Telstra for the second day in a row.... so there goes 5 hours of my day again.

Level 3: Gumshoe

Ask them to ESCALATE and get a single point of contact.  (That's what I did.)

Don1
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi All,

Mine has become stable again. 102 hours now!!!

I have disabled the Wi-Fi PMF and WPS

WAN STATUS UPTIME 102:29:00 (hh:mm:ss)

Maybe if someone else tries the same thing to see if it works for them. I am wondering if old devices spamming the modem with connect/disconnect had something to do with it?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit