CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Constant drop outs

Ever since i have been switched over to the NBN i have had connection issues, some days im lucky to stay online for more than 5 minutes at a time. Telstra is absolutely no help at all.... I've had 4 technicians out who have all done something differently, from changing lines outside the house to changing lines inside the house. I've spent over 360 minutes on the phone to Telstra in the last two months and i'm still no where near fixing this issue, its driving me absolutely insane! 

It doesn't help either that every time i call Telstra, i have to start at the beginning, even if i have an incident number i get "is there power to your device" etc etc....

If there is anyone out there thats had the same problem please let me know how it was resolved. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Constant drop outs

Yep exactly the same

constant dropouts

Highlighted

Re: Constant drop outs

I am the same and have tried everything.  Tonight I looked at the ethernat cable from the NBN Modem to my WIFI modem.  On the WIFI modem the cable was plugged into the WAN socket.  This was done by Telstra when they set the system up.  I got another ethernetcable and connected the NBN modem to my moden using the LAN input.  Note difference..WAN - LAN.

I dont know why, but everything is fine now.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit