Reshad853
Level 1: Cadet

Constant Internet drop-outs every night at 11:30pm

Hello there
I am a 6 years bigpond customer and am currently running an Adsl 2+ Broadband with line rental (line rental never in use), up untilthe past 6 or so months i have had normal service, (by telstra's standards which is crap still), but since then my internet slows down dramatically from the late afternoon gradually slowing from a steady average of 13Mbps to a slow 3Mbps at night. However, the most annoying thing is that at exactly 11:30pm EVERY NIGHT the internet totally drops out for about half an hour, (i am always gaming at night that is why i know and monitor so closely) to a point where even open the telstra gateway login page take literally up to 30 seconds and eventually times out. I have called Telstra soooo many times and went through the same <*> that i no longer have the hope that calling them would resolve any issues, so i have turned to the internet for help. I couldn't find any Discussions specifically related to a similar issue to mine so i am now writing a discussion myself. PLEASE PLEASE HELP GUYS!!!

I am located in the Narre Warren South area of Victoria.

*edited due to guidelines*

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines-KB/Community-Guidelines/ta-p/59906

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Constant Internet drop-outs every night at 11:30pm

Hi

From what you outlined it sounds like congestion.  Have the Technical Support team checked for that?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Reshad853
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Constant Internet drop-outs every night at 11:30pm

They keep saying that they can't find the issue and keep recommending me to buy a new modem or try restarting the modem every time i get a drop out. Now the dropouts occure more frequently and during the day as well. Im definitely going to change my ISP once any other provider is available in our area.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit