_VDSL_
Level 1: Cadet

Constant NBN drop outs - poor line quality?

I moved into a new rental 3 weeks ago and have been experiencing constant drop outs. They are random - sometimes it's stable all day, and other times it drops out 50 times per day. I've done all the troubleshooting steps and tried 3 different modems and all suffer from the same issue.

Therefore, it must be a cabling issue in the house or problem with the node connection. Telstra has said that it's NBN's problem, but NBN said there is nothing wrong with the line/connection. But the Telstra technician over the phone performed tests and said the line was "unstable" but apparently the NBN needs more evidence?

Here are the line stats:

1. https://i.gyazo.com/f5dd7d87c7c58665db936d8b31a4ae85.png

2. https://i.gyazo.com/8f26ab0f4ef2340a6b7f205ead11d2a6.png

Can someone please tell me what might be wrong? I mean, I'll just pay for a private technician to come and repair the cabling if it's a problem with the house, but I don't think they can touch the NBN node down the street.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Constant NBN drop outs - poor line quality?

1: How many sockets are in the house?
2: If there is more than one have you tested on the other?

A private tech and only work on cabling inside your house.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
_VDSL_
Level 1: Cadet

1. There are like 4 different sockets around the house, but only one of them works (in a room toward the back).
343GuiltySpark

Is that room the closest to the footpath/road as that one is normally the primary socket. Those other sockets could potentially be causing the issue, but as the modem wont connect when its connected to them they maybe have already been disconnected. If you wanted to you could get a private tech to look at them, but would check with your landlord/lady/property manager to see if they were disconnected previously
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit