Davey187
Level 1: Cadet

Constant slow speeds with ADSL2+

Living in West Wodonga not very far from the exchange i'd like to know if anyone can provide me with some kind of info on the speeds i should be getting, i ask this for the simple reason that as of late my speeds have dropped dramatically from around 1.2mb to around 400 - 450kb & thats downloading from the bigpond gamearena, i specifically went out & bought the new T-Gateway a week or so ago, new phone lines, splitters for the 2 phones in the house after having major troubles with my connection dropping out at insane rates (touch wood it hasnt dropped out in 3 days since i installed so hopefully that problem has fixed itself) i figured my d/l speed would kick back into gear but nothing it's sitting at what i previously stated never over never under, my plan i'm on is the:   BigPond® Broadband 500GB Elite - ADSL2+.

Cheers..

Test run on 25/07/2013 @ 11:14 PM

Mirror: Telstra Bigpond
Data: 4 MB
Test Time: 10 secs

Your line speed is 3.49 Mbps (3490 kbps).
Your download speed is 436 KB/s (0.43 MB/s).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Constant slow speeds with ADSL2+

What's your line attenuation and any other tech info you can supply from the modem.

Have you done all the necessary in house test? Pulled all connected devices ect ect..

Cheers,
Dave

Davey187

i have no idea what you mean when you say "line attenuation" & what tech info do you need only thing i know is it's one of the new T gateways, i know my way around a pc for what i need to do but dont know anything about the technical side of things & yes all tests have been done, everything was unplugged when i replaced everything earlier this week, was kinda hoping to avoid having to ring them cause i'm sick of the constant run arounds & the same ol crap, guess i'll most likely be stuck with telstra till i move back to the city..

samgolder1

Your lucky to have speeds like that. We are on the same plan and are not even getting half the speeds you are. Our dwnld speed is around 1.65 Mbps.
Davey187

Were are you located if you dont mind me asking, Unless your in the middle of nowhere you shouldnt be getting a pathetic like that,I'd be hitting them up a.s.a.p, You get a faster speed than that using the free wi-fi @ the local McDonalds, Ever since changing to the new modem the problems has been fixed apart from my speed being cut down by 700KB, i'll be ringing them later today anywhere seiing there's nothing anyone can really do here..

Davey187

Thanks for the non help everyone,  I guess i had more luck with the fella from Bombay, He was actually able to fix my problem and get me back to my cruising speed of 1400KB bye bye...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit