Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Contact details

How do i contact a person to resolve my Internet being disconnected? I DO NOT WANT TO USE THAT CRAP APP!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Contact details

You may not want to use it, but it is the best way to make contact at the moment.

The other method is to send a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Telstra would have you using carrier pigeon if they thought they could save money. The biggest load of crap they have ever come out with this support via app. Just another way of providing less support in the most nonproductive way possible.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have used that crap APP and unless you have about 5 spare hours because they are so slow and want to feed you a whole lot of lies and promises that never happen. I've been promised credits that never happen. my NBN is so slow and drops out all the time. I've had enough I'm leaving Telstra after 32 years.

They are a communications company that do not communicate with it's loyal customers.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I agree with you all, I have been a customer for over 8 years and Telstra is deteriorating. Once my contract is up I will be thinking of moving to Aussie Broadband...At least they are reachable and in Australia. Last week I spent over 7 HOURS using that so-called tech chat app..SO FRUSTRATING!!! 

Highlighted

Our NBN download speed is consistently lightning fast @ 49.1 Mbps - best thing we ever did was to switch to Telstra's NBN. We've been with Telstra for over 11 years and wouldn't change for anything.

@youuse wrote:

I have used that crap APP and unless you have about 5 spare hours because they are so slow and want to feed you a whole lot of lies and promises that never happen. I've been promised credits that never happen. my NBN is so slow and drops out all the time. I've had enough I'm leaving Telstra after 32 years.

They are a communications company that do not communicate with it's loyal customers.

Highlighted

Yep typing into a mobile phone, stop and think of the absolute stupidity in that. 

Highlighted

@Yeldarb wrote:

Yep typing into a mobile phone, stop and think of the absolute stupidity in that. 

Mobile phones are for making and receiving phone calls. Try using your computer for typing - that's what it's for. Simple !

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Greko20 wrote:

I agree with you all, I have been a customer for over 8 years and Telstra is deteriorating. Once my contract is up I will be thinking of moving to Aussie Broadband...At least they are reachable and in Australia. Last week I spent over 7 HOURS using that so-called tech chat app..SO FRUSTRATING!!! 

Hi @HRSpecial 

I moved over to Aussie as well, I haven't needed support yet so can't comment on how well they do things yet.

I am currently trying to help a retired friend change over to the NBN (Just for the phone) as he is required to move over or lose the phone and it has been a complete pain in the butt.

What makes it worse is when they put the order through they disconnected his phone before he was changed over :-(  and where he lives is in a mobile blackspot so cant contact anyone. Arranged phone call times are not being returned from Telstra (When he goes somewhere to get reception purely to get help).

The customer complaint that has been raised does have the ability to reply via email now. So if the promised phone calls fail early next week will see how that goes.

Either way, Telstra support is very bad presently.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

"Mobile phones are for making and receiving phone calls", Yes, But, Telstra has decided to only put the My Telstra app on android and apple phones only, Not on PCs.

Telstra's My Account on a PC does not have the "get help" access that My Telstra has, therefore You have to use your mobile to "chat" with Telstra and as far as I have found you are not really chatting to Telstra, you are chatting with a contractor paid to answer your query and they are in the Philippines.

Add that to the issues Telstra is having currently(since the middle of July) with their Webmail, which dies from 6am to 10pm and you have a very sad state of affairs.

I currently have 3 outstanding(to me) issues on the go with Telstra, 2 are completed according to any tracking I do, but the persons handling them are still SMSing me, but can't find a means to actually call me on the phone?

The third is "in hand" and the last reply I had was "I'll give you an update in a few moments",

That was 2 days ago.

Not happy Jan!

So I'll ask you, have You tried contacting Telstra lately?

Highlighted

The frontline consultants do not have outgoing call access, so they have no choice but to send you a message.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I understand the usefulness of SMS, but the majority of the texts I get from Telstra are 'No Reply' types,  which makes them less useful in real customer support situations.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

They shouldn't be using SMS for customer support. The messages go through the My Telstra app. SMS is used for FYI type messages.

Highlighted

Very enlightening, But in the cases I'm talking about, I am past the front line people and supposedly onto someone who knows what to do to fix problems, but one of these cases was passed to a Sales exec in a Perth Telstra store and he did ring me, decided he couldn't handle it and told me he had escalated it, it now shows as closed??

The second case fits Stevo52's description, SMS to me, no-reply just a number to call with a pin, I did that, was answered by someone else and was told he would call me back, still waiting, days ago, time for another go today.

And if they can't call out, my comment is, as a previous Telstra Tech, who spent a LOT of time on the phone "fixing" incorrect orders, What the H... is Telstra thinking, next they'll take away the computers(not that they had much access to start with).

And to top it off, YES they are using SMSs.

Highlighted

I can only assume that you have a higher level of contact than use other poor consumers. When have you last had contact with Telstra as a normal joe on the street? They definitely DO use SMS for customer support. Whether they should be or not is an unkown to me..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

wrigle5, I am with you on the issue of them not being able to call out (which is only applicable to external numbers apparently because they seem to be able to endlessly pass you around to other sections of the organisation - except of course to the person you actually need to speak/chat with)! I do not know what customer service model they are based on but it isn't efficient or effective. Pushing customers to use the app is just Telstra trying to force very square pegs into small neat round holes..  it certainly doesn't account for the wide range of customer types they have,,  anything that isn't a simple, single device/service sale seems to be well beyond the rather limited capabilities of  CODi the idiot bot.  And there is no fall back in the situation where the app, carrier service or other dependency fails, where do you contact Telstra then? What if you can't use the app to complain about the app itself not working? What if english isn't your first language, what if you are older, what if you don't fully understand the technology...  

Stevo 52
Highlighted

The SMS containing a number with a pin is usually how the complaints department works. That should get you through to your Case Manager.

Sales on the otherhand has been handed off to the Telstra Stores (they aren't Sales Executives, just regular in-Store consultants). The in-store staff do have access to outbound calls.

Highlighted

The My Telstra app has a 'Shop' capability..  and you can still buy Telstra devices and service online (as long as it is not too complicated)..  so not everything has gone to the stores...  (and likely never will) 

Telstra seems keen to have all their customers deal through the app so why isn't it OK for the customers to have an expectation on Telstra to actually be able to do that quickly and easily using that same technology? Why do customers have to rely on a social media platform or a customer support forum like this one,to resolve a wide and varied range of issues?

I am not sure if you have face to face contact with any of the multitude of unhappy Telstra customers who in the end have just given up trying (or were too challenged to try in the first place)  to contact Telstra to resolve issues? It was worse during the height of the Covid pandemic. But Telstra are still pointing to Covid as the reason for their continuing and even worsening poor customer service performance - they have ample opportunity to get up to speed, to see the error they made in pushing the bulk of customer support offshore which was highlighted by Covid as well? Many organisations have successfully rebuilt applying lessons learnt but not Telstra? 

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

I suspect that at the moment, with the hassles with webmail etc, the senior staff are delegating work out wherever they can and I have a combination problem, it was the Store manager I spoke with, but now can't get him back for the problem that was beyond his capability and the other was a complaints person handling a fault in the programming of the apparatus that generates SMSs for outages(for which there are quite a few now).

And I agree with Stevo52, Telstra has farmed off it's responsibilities and also taken to monetizing covid with the introduction and enforcement of it's "new core plans" by using the reverse case of people walking to a different provider, where we're all trapped inside using heaps more data, so why not stick it to the customer and up the prices, I went from a $53 plan to a $70 plan(not by choice) with the carrot being an extra 300G on top of the 200G I was already NOT using up.

If it were not for Telstra Air, I would have walked, but in my shopping around, i found that  unfortunately All of the providers have done the same thing, But I stayed, but now I am making sure that Telstra lives up to All of it's promises, hence the number of cases I have happening at the same time, whereas before I was coasting along and put up with Telstra's slackness, Not any more.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit