Suzie--q
Level 1: Cadet

Continual Broadband internet speed + reliability issue

To Whom is bothered In Telstra to read this,

My name is Suzie and have been a loyal Telstra over 3 years customer after leaving another carrier. I migrated my mobile and home phone and internet all to Telstra and up until December 2015 everything has been perfect...til

Mid November 2015 my internet speed drops from 80-100mb/sec to 30-38 maybe on Sunday afternoon 41mb/sec. Every second day the speed drops to 2 or 3 mbs and no intenet for 1 or 2 hours. 

So the first thing I do is discontect the power to the cable router/modem wait 2 or 3 min and then re connect. Normally no probs then away we go.

But December 5,2015 is when i the rolla-coasta ride starts.

Speed drops down to 20 maybe 23/24mb sec. internet drops so low that cant use FB via my phone, no netflix for the kids, not even enough data bandwidth to send a i-message to another iOS device!

After two weeks of turning the cable router/modem on/off. enough is enough. So the 20th December 2015  my husband rings telstra customer service and the usually trouble shooting discussion starts. At first the operator denies that their is an issue with the network saying it is a fault at our house. After explaining our experience and how we have been monitioring the internet speed via how long it takes to get a netflix movie to full resoultion and from taking 15 seconds to hit 1080i to not achieving more than 380i you know there is a problem and didnt happen overnight, the operator final advised that 'sorry sir but your area has had an outage since early December. we will give you a credit on your account and more data for your phone. 

27 December 2015 we recieve an sms to advise the outage is fixed while we were away on vacation. Upon returning the internet was up but not at the speed we had when we signed up to Platinum! but its working well only for 4 days.

So after waiting a week for a call back from the email link provided, i then contact customer service on the 13.1.2016 advising of te same issue. Getting the same response and same script from the operator i requested to speak to a manager. From the outset I did not want another credit on my account..i just want my Platinum internet working at the what i have had since joining Telstra..is it that hard.

So the so called manager reviews my case and finally i get a what sounds a true Sorry. I am then offered a new modem and technician to come out and a follow up call the next day. The technicans comes 2 hours early after stating that he wants to finish early due to the heat..drops of the modem and said all fixed. later that evening the internet stops again and the usual cannot stream or browse the internet. 

Next day the call back comes through from the manager(who by the way was extremeley helpful) and we give her the update. No we are out of patience. 5 weeks and still no steady relaible Telstra internet. So after 48 mins a new technican is re-allocated to the job (Saturday 16.1.2016). 

A technican arrvies on on time. Asks for a run down on the issue and gets into. after 10min.... 'Sir the connection within your house is perfect. I have done two line checks and the signal is higher than what it should be. you should be at 40DB 48DB is ok maybe, but you are 51.2DB. your upload is inconsistant. The fault is a telstra network issue not yours residence, and i have seen this latey on my service calls.While i am here let me set up you new router and lets see if there is any difference.' Wow a technican who actually cares and walks through each step of the way..unfortunately his luck wasnt that good .. the modem proved his line check...its a telstra network issue not 'me' . he left by saying he would log the report and will need to wait for an update to come through.

today... 1hour and 12min on the phone. The operator at first states 'hi sir problem all fixed' ..um no its the same its still cuts out... only to reply' but the report states its fixed' (wrong information wrong script!. i finally demand another manager or someone to talk to back in Australia. Sorry we are it!

So finally another operator/manager states sorry.. we have the amended report and we are still investigating. We are unsure of how long it will take and the technican will need to follow up.

Ok as direct debit, loyal customer with three services...i have had enough. the internet tonight stopped working from 7pm til 9.12pm. my current speed is 6mb/s and i cannot get past 380i resoution on netflix. 

If you care please ring me ASAP. we signed up for platinum internet and now i am getting lower than ADSL speed near six weeks. Please fix my internet ASAP!

Please refer to case : INT 1-68409248336 or 1-684163209605. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
P08871
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Continual Broadband internet speed + reliability issue

If its any consolation i have the same issues but i have downloads on adsl2 of 350kb and was getting dropouts regularly which miracle stopped happening as frequently sometime in december. Internet speed has always been pathetic and the only saviour is netflix buffers. They said it was my modem however this was only a stalling tactic. All said and done they have demonstrated to me they just dont care! They have your money and that is all that matters! Oh and no matter what you say to the philippinens they refuse to escalate your matter to any manager. I pay 100% for a service that i am not recieving 100% of the service. They are liars, unprofessional and reaping people of their hard earned money. The latest is i was to be contacted back immediatly or in 24 hrs its now day 2 ...of month number 2. Good luck you will need it!!!
Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Suzie--q,

Sorry about the late reply. This isn't a direct reply method of contacting us, so we can take a bit to reply to your post 😞

I checked the references you provided, and it looks like this case is in hands with our complaints team. Hopefully they can get this sorted for you.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Suzie--q

hi Brodie,

well just so you know since the post there has been two more techicans come to my home, Telstra has wasted more money sending out a brand new router AGAIN that was not commisioned mid week, and to make things worse the offical complaint that i logged on line via your web site remains unanswered. 

My Husband and I have had enough with the lack of customer service, nil quality control, lack of assistance and on Monday the 15.2.2016 we will be contact the telecommunicatons Ombudsman. 

Enough is enough.... we are over it.if someone cared then maybe it wouldnt have taken this long to even reply given 4 weeks from post to today. 

Its amazing how Telstra has the highest prices and the same crap service offered by all. 

Lets see how quick my lack of ultimate cable 3.0 speed takes to resolve when the Ombudsman gets involved. 3 months of working with you is a fair effort. 

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way Suzie--q From what you've described above regarding multiple tech visits in less than a week, new hardware supplied etc it sounds like we've provided great customer support to try to resolve the issue. That the problem persists doesn't indicate a lack of service or assistance at all, only that so far our efforts haven't been able to resolve the cause.  In any case I've requested follow up from your case manager again to discuss further. I apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Suzie--q

Please understand that I am at the point of breaking point as your overseas call centres are well trained reading off a script and do not have the understanding of esculation as requested to actually speak to someone in Australia.

You customer service is not great... because if it was does it take 3 months to fix a speed issue within your network ?  if it was great then why when i have asked for someone in Australia to call me.. your overseas operators do not have the faciltiy to do so..?? And if my call were truely recorded for coaching and training purposes then why 3 months later no one has bothered to call and actually take responisibility of the situation rather than sit behind a keyboard and give melip service. 

If someone actually wants to fix the issue right now...call me! 

3 months and counting to fix a speed issue..really..wow great customer service!

Frustratedstill

I really want help  with our boardband. The  teslstra tech come out say it is an network issue.  the Telstra network techs say it is our local house set up. this has been going on for 2 years ,  I got a new modem..

The internet keeps on dropping out.  emails time out before sending , you tubes take mins to load...  and it is unpredictable.  Fro the important stuff we hotspot from 4g.  I dont know what to do

ME53
Level 2: Rookie

I have just recieved my bill this evening. In the email there was a link to trouble shoot my internet connection. The speed has been so slow since it was connected in March. It came uP with a LINE quality issue on the connection and asks if  I wanted an auto restart and it could take 120sec. I clicked on OK. Then that was the end, I could not get back to that stage in the testing process because it would go back to the start, Silly me did it again. Went back to the start. It seams that it took to long for the internet to start up again, As I said a very slow connection I was trying to trouble shoot, Still have no idea. Does anyone know how I can find the right section of Telstra to fix the problem as well as fix how the link works. It would be nice to be able to talk to a real Technician instead of someone in a call centre that really has no idea.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit