Level 2: Rookie

Continuous Cancelled NBN Technician Appointments

My NBN connection had a problem roughly 3-4 weeks ago, when one night there was very big thunder storm and the issue started there.

At start I had a technician came over on 14th Feb, he came in the morning 8am and NBN was fine, but the connection problem came back as soon he left. The modem then switched to mobile backup automatically, which was a great feature. 

The problem persists, I went overseas, my family don't speak english, so they lived with no WIFI for a very long time. As soon I got back to home, I trried book a technician to come over have a look, but they never show up.

1st Booking  Wednesday 11th of March

I booked on Wednesday, didn't show up without any notice but with a txt "Further troubleshooting required..." , I called in on wednesday asking why my appointment got removed, lady said something about NBN have resolved the issue???

2nd Booking  Thursday 12th of March

So I booked another one next day(Thursday), didn't come, same thing happened, I was pretty pissed. 

So I called in on Thursday and booked again on Friday, I was scared if the appointment gets removed 3rd time, so I called Telstra on Thursday night before friday, explained the situation and the lady can see the history as well and promised me that tomorrow will not be canceled, I requested her to add a note or comment of "Do not cancel appointment", 

3rd Booking Friday 13th of March

Firday morning, I am worried they won't show up, I called in at 8:11 am to see if an Technician is coming over today, as I expected, they told me the request is resolved again, there won't be anyone coming over. This time I was really angry, because I wasted 3 days waiting at home in the morning for technician to come over fix my NBN issue, it's really frustrating. So again, I had a little chat this time and the gentleman on the phone booked for me tomorrow Saturday 14th 1pm-5pm, I called in at night and confirmed that my appointment for tomorrow Saturday 14th is still valid. If tomorrow some how this appointment get canceled AGAIN. I am going to go telstra shop and Smiley Happy  

4th Booking 14th of March (To be continued........)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Continuous Cancelled NBN Technician Appointments

There isn't any point going to a Telstra shop as they aren't going to be able to assist as the appointment are being cancelled by NBN Co. Have you tried factory resetting your modem?
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

@343GuiltySpark 

When I call in Telstra for a fault, I go through the same troubleshooting steps every time, like power off, reset and stuff, I try them all the time anyways.

The internet service is fine, just one day it stopped because of weather maybe, my area got affected for an outage.

Anyways, as I expected my 4th Booking 14th of March 1-5pm which was yesterday, no one came even though the appointment didn't get canceled this time.

I went to Telstra local store, they said NBN is separated from Telstra and so on, was pretty angry and pissed because of this event, I don't think anyone is happy living without Internet for a month right? And still have to pay for it.

Even though I called in on Saturday morning to make sure they coming during the afternoon, they didn't come.....

Wasting my time that I have to take my time off waiting for someone through Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

If you have an NBN NTD (NBN Box) what happens if you connect a computer via Ethernet to it in the same port the modem uses. If that works the modem has probably been broken by the storm/electrical issue you mentioned. If that doenst work something is wrong with the NBN NTD and it will need to be raised back to NBN co.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

@343GuiltySpark 

Yes, I have tried to connect my PC direct to NBN box during troubleshooting over the phone call, but I don't get anything so I assume is the NBN box error.

This time I got a confirmation from NBN and Telstra saying my booking is HERE.

But again, even with this confirmation, NBN tech didn't show up, no text or call as well.

I am changing provider and raising complaint about this.

1 Month no internet service, 5 days wasted of my time waiting for NBN tech to show up.

When can Telstra do something about my issue.

Smiley Indifferent

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit