Level 2: Rookie

Current delays in filling orders

I put in an order to switch my adsl plan to Telstra on 25 April & so far nothing has happened. I’ve had a couple of chats on the Telstra app, but no one can say how long the changeover from my current provider will take. Apparently there are delays in sending out a SmartModem & Telstra won’t do anything about provisioning my order until I get the Telstra hardware. Any comments on how long the delays are likely to be?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Current delays in filling orders

We had the hardware and all installed, waiting since 15 April for Telstra to switch it to their network and cant even speak to anyone at Telstra, the phone line just disconnects

Level 2: Rookie

Thanks. How long did Telstra take to get the hardware to you?  It seems as though that is where a large part of the bottleneck is. The changeover at the exchange and porting my phone number isn’t really that big a deal!

Level 1: Cadet

We already had hardware from previous NBN connection with another provider (which they asked us to make sure we cancelled to not interfere with them switching us on within 3 - 5 days. We have just been waiting for exchange switch to be turned on 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit