Grizzly1
Level 2: Rookie

Customised NBN plan

Answered

I'm away from home for 3 months of every year. I want to be able to downgrade or suspend my broadband service for that period. Don't care about the phone.

Does any know if I can suspend and re-activate a Telstra broadband service?

Or is there a really cheap service option (that I can downgrade to) that is not obvious from the website?

TPG offers a $30/mo service and that's my current best option.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RyanH
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Customised NBN plan

Hey Grizzly1, thank you for your post.

We do not suspend or reactivate accounts like this sorry, suspension is only triggered by disconnection due to non-payment. If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to us here anytime, 24x7.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

I not really sure if its possible to stop the service for 3 months, I'd recommend calling the disconnections team on 132200 and say disconnect. They would be the best ones to ask.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras
RyanH
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey Grizzly1, thank you for your post.

We do not suspend or reactivate accounts like this sorry, suspension is only triggered by disconnection due to non-payment. If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to us here anytime, 24x7.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

ForensicsGuru
Level 21: Augmented

I don't think any provider in the world (if anyone corrects me, I'd be happy to know) is offering something like that... The problem being is that the most cost is nowadays in the infrastructure, not in the traffic (again, would be happy to be corrected). So while you would not be using any data for three months, you would still be using the infrastructure - the port, the wires to your premises etc...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit