User10011
Level 1: Cadet

Data Usage Meter broken

Hi,

Ever since I joined Telstra NBN which was about 2 and a half months ago, I have never seen my Data Usage meter go up as I used it. Can someone help me fix it please? Thanks in advance.

I have called Telstra 132200 multiple times and Ive spoken to someone a few times on the Bot/messenger app within the website and the Telstra app in my mobile phone, but ultimately nothing happens to fixing the problem.

The first time I told someone, he/she said they'll get back to me with an update. The second time, I had to start all over again telling them the problem, he/she said it'll be fixed by the next day. The third time, Ive been told to try reinstalling the app in my mobile phone. Both the app and the website cant display an update on my usage. I have reinstalled the app within my mobile phone 4 times already. After many calls and messages back and forth with the Telstra reps, all i get is apologies but no action.

Ive been speed capped before already as I apparently went above my limited data. But the data usage meter was still showing as "0GB" used.

The data usage meter shows the message "! There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later."

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Humbleguy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Data Usage Meter broken

I feel your pain there user! I have been trying to get that exact issue resolved for days with no outcome. 
I am somewhat relieved to see this post as it does reassure me that it is more likely a bug in the system than my connection being victim to some sort of man in the middle attack.

Sorry that I can't impart any real insightful knowledge on the subject, but don't feel that you're the only one having this problem. Are you on an unlimited data package? That's all I can put it down to in my case. Still doesn't make sense, but it's all I got. 
cheers.

There are no problems, only solutions.
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

As a part of Telstra's response to covid 19. fixed line customers were provided with unmetered data. The meters were turned of in March.

Humbleguy
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yet the data from the mobile devices attached to the same account are measured. Interesting.

There are no problems, only solutions.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit