Justified
Level 1: Cadet

Day 7 with unusable internet

Answered

A month and a half of new ‘patchy’ NBN and now, day 7 with no internet. I can connect but can’t use the net. Telstra TV opens, pictures load but nothing will play. Internet sites will load but without pictures and I can’t use YouTube.  I’ve been through the trouble shooting, called the numbers and did what they said and answered NO when they asked if my problem was resolved. I’ve replied to 2 Telstra emails asking for feedback with no solutions. Never had a problem with ADSL. At what point do I forward my Netflix, Stan, Crunchyroll and Anime Lab bills to Telstra? Can’t watch purchased iTunes when I want, hot-spotting off my phone to email assignments and applications. .2mbps is not good enough.

What I want is an email address to send my problems to. 9 to 5 phone calls don’t/ didn’t work for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Day 7 with unusable internet

They don't have email contacts for support, my understanding is because it is unsecured, instead, they have live chat who are available 24x7 and can typically help with most standard issues on the spot, and the phone faults team are 24x7 on 1800 834 273. Alternatively if you are unable to get the issue resolved satisfactorily via the standard support teams the next step would be to lodge a complaint and then they will be able to work with you on the issue, they do have the option to get assistance by email, just note from experience it is not very fast option as it is usually a couple days before you get a reply to any message.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Accepted Solution

They don't have email contacts for support, my understanding is because it is unsecured, instead, they have live chat who are available 24x7 and can typically help with most standard issues on the spot, and the phone faults team are 24x7 on 1800 834 273. Alternatively if you are unable to get the issue resolved satisfactorily via the standard support teams the next step would be to lodge a complaint and then they will be able to work with you on the issue, they do have the option to get assistance by email, just note from experience it is not very fast option as it is usually a couple days before you get a reply to any message.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Justified
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks so much for the reply. Best results thus far.
I can’t chat, no internet.
No phone connected so that’s not a problem.
I’ll have to wait until I get home early or have a day off.
First world problems, just really annoying.
Thanks again
MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Please keep us in the loop. I'd like to know this has been resolved. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit