larry1111
Level 3: Gumshoe

Deleted / Migrated my broadband without my authority

Lets me start by saying Telstra is working on a fix and the help I got were all very nice but...My NBN stopped this morning and when I looked at the services on my Telstra login page, NBN was not there, yet was clearly paid on my last bill 6/6/21. I'm a gold member and have all my services with Telstra have for 30 years or more and I pay for the service because we have a special needs daughter who relies on the internet. In fact as soon as the 4g backup modems became available I got on so if the NBN went we were still connected. So Telstra informed me that my NBN service had been migrated to another supplier and that is why my internet stopped. I had not asked for this, I gave no authority for this, I don't even know where it was migrated to. Telstra is working to bring it back but the only solution seems to be a new phone number and brand new connection. Has anybody else heard of this happening?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Deleted / Migrated my broadband without my authority

No I have not heard of it. It is reassuring that “Telstra is working to bring it back”.

larry1111
Level 3: Gumshoe

Well, they have just started me with a whole new account, I had to lose my current home phone number and everything, what concerns me is how my account was just passed to another supplier without my consent, do I expect a bill from them now or what, and why did it just stop with no notifications from anyone, if that’s the NBN it’s a pretty poor system

Dowser

Well with Telstra being the ISP retailer, and NBN Co being the wholesale provider, without a forensic analysis it is difficult to comment further on the cause.

If your old number has not been reallocated then you could ask Telstra if you could please retain it.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

All Telstra needs to do is put in a reversal request with the RSP that the service was transferred to and you should get your original number back.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit