Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

DLink DSL-3900 won’t connect to Internet

I purchased a dlink dsl3900 router to replace the Telstra gateway max because it doesn’t have the wifi capabilities to cover my entire house (double brick / 2 storey) and I’ve had nothing but issues with extenders especially when trying to run some home automation gizmos.

My problem is, when I plug in and setup the dlink modem (setup using the very simple wizard) it fails to establish a connection with the internet (dsl light just flashes green and red and back again). I have an FTTN NBN connection. 
I can pretty much guarantee it’s not an issue with the modem because I took the first one back to the store and got a new one and they’ve both done the exact same thing. I’ve used the same dsl cable that works with the Telstra modem and a different one just to be sure it’s not that and still nothing. 
I have rung Telstra technical support and they want to charge me $200+ to send a technician but I’m not willing to do that yet! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: DLink DSL-3900 won’t connect to Internet

Highlighted

No luck with those settings. I’m dumb founded as to the problem, I can literally pull the dsl cable out of the Telstra gateway max and plug it into the dlink and nothing happens. Must be a configuration somewhere. 

Highlighted

Have you configured the DSL settings as per page 29 of the manual?

Does the D-Link have the latest firmware?

http://support.dlink.com.au/Download/download.aspx?product=DSL-3900&type=Firmware

Highlighted

Just check the firmware and it’s the latest version, on the phone to D-Link atm and they don’t seem to be able to help. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Did you get this fixed? I have exactly the same Modem/Router and FTTN and it doesn't connect after using the wizard. Im good with this stuff but this modem is annoying. 

Highlighted

No luck, I ended up ringing D-link and getting a return number and taking it back to Harvey Norman, I don’t believe it was faulty!! No clue as to what was going on. I’ve since got a Telstra smart modem which hasn’t solved my wifi problem but at least it connects, still running an orbi wifi extender which drops out all the time. Very frustrating- damn double brick home🤬

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit