Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

DNS Server not responding

We have Telstra Broadband Internet at home, cable shared with Foxtel on Telstra subscription, Internet has been very slow over recent weeks, Apple devices connect ok providing access to email and Internet however Microsoft both Windows 7 and 10 not connecting, when trouble shooting performed same message "DNS Server not responding", interestingly if I connect a Telstra Wi Fi Dongle direct to the PC eventually the house wireless will reset and work fine for a short period of time. And yes I am on a Telstra Broadband Cable Modem with built in Wi Fi.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: DNS Server not responding

This appears to be a ongoing issue for customers. There are a couple of threads on the forum about this.

I "myself" reported this issue twice now, once to LIvechat, which was extremely frustraiting and led knowwhere. I also reported on twitter, responce was we have no known issues with our DNS. Well yes, "I'm reporting it to you".

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: DNS Server not responding

Can you confirm if using an alternate DNS such as Googles Public 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 will resolve this issue?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit