canarisa
Level 1: Cadet

Do I need my disconnected phone line to be active for fttc

Answered

I live with my parents and there is 2 physical phone lines in the house.

I use to have cable and a phone number connected to it but decided to disconnect the number

and telstra setup my cable without a phone line/number. I'm now wanting to go onto nbn on the second line

will I need to do anything to activate it so it runs with FTTC. My parents are getting their own nbn telstra on the mainline and I'm wanting a different provider and they are asking for the ULL-ID which I don't have as there is no number attached to the line and its inactive. I've seen on some sites that say I don't need the ULL-ID for fttc but the provider is asking for one. I don't see the point in paying $300 to connect a new line when there already is 2 lines.  I have seen another site state you don't need to have an active phone line to use nbn. I won't be adding voip to the 2nd line just internet. So do I need to get the ULL-ID from telstra and how do I do that if the line was disconnected.  Any help would be great cause I don't have much time till the cut off of my cable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Do I need my disconnected phone line to be active for fttc

FTTC is delivered over the copper phone line from the pit to the house, so they make that active in order to provide the connection.

Since you cancelled the previous connection that you had on that line, you will most likely be charged the $300 as it will be the first NBN connection to the property (service migrations do not get charged).

It should be treated as a new connection to the property for ordering purposes. You just need to make sure that they do not port over your parents' connection.

You do not need a ULL ID to place a new connection request. NBN Co will use the existing copper if it is in a serviceable condition, they will run a new line if it isn't.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Do I need my disconnected phone line to be active for fttc

FTTC is delivered over the copper phone line from the pit to the house, so they make that active in order to provide the connection.

Since you cancelled the previous connection that you had on that line, you will most likely be charged the $300 as it will be the first NBN connection to the property (service migrations do not get charged).

It should be treated as a new connection to the property for ordering purposes. You just need to make sure that they do not port over your parents' connection.

You do not need a ULL ID to place a new connection request. NBN Co will use the existing copper if it is in a serviceable condition, they will run a new line if it isn't.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit