Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Dodgy Telstra support?

Answered

I was chatting to someone on the Telstra App, via messages, (a service that I dislike immensely, I would much rather speak to someone) and my issues were that I was seeing my daughter in-laws mobile phone account on my personal bigpond login? and I wanted to ask some questions about changing over to the NBN.

The so-called assistant that I was chatting to, wanted to delete my login email address. Here is what he said: "Here is what I will do. I will delete the registered email on your account and register after 24 hours to reset the registration of the account.

If you agree. We're currently strengthening the security of accessing your account and will need to complete a quick authentication. I am sending a 6 digit code to your registered mobile number, please provide it once you receive it because it will expire after 5 minutes. Thank you!"

When I said NO to deleting my email address, he came back with: "I understand. What we are trying to do is refresh the link account.

Can you please go to Telstra.co. Enter your username and password let me know if you see your Internet service registered."

There is no such website as Telstra.co ??????

Are there hackers on the Telstra App? because I don't trust this as far as I could throw it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Dodgy Telstra support?

I understand where you are coming from.

Unfortunately many of us here in CrowdSupport are just customers like yourself, and just trying to help as best we can with mainly technical issues and experience gathered over the years. Very few here have any  visibility of account issues, and the Telstra personnel are quite conspicuous by their absence and lack of action on matters that are quite apparent stressful and difficult for customers to get fixed.

How we change it I don't know, Telstra don't seem to monitor this forum and if they do it isn't at a management level that can do something about it.  I just hope nobody in Telstra gets bonuses or other rewards for implementing this level of customer support.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

I understand where you are coming from.

Unfortunately many of us here in CrowdSupport are just customers like yourself, and just trying to help as best we can with mainly technical issues and experience gathered over the years. Very few here have any  visibility of account issues, and the Telstra personnel are quite conspicuous by their absence and lack of action on matters that are quite apparent stressful and difficult for customers to get fixed.

How we change it I don't know, Telstra don't seem to monitor this forum and if they do it isn't at a management level that can do something about it.  I just hope nobody in Telstra gets bonuses or other rewards for implementing this level of customer support.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I can understand... I have been trying to do the simplest thing. Cancel my internet plan. Do you think i can get it done?

No. I have had 3 separate conversations via the app over the last 3 months and not a single one had ended with this simple request being completed. Even though all conversation had would lead me to think it would happen.

I try to call instead. redirected back to text or telstra app.

I try to find and email address - no dice, use the app or text

i just got most of the way through a text conversation thinking the job would get done, finally, then radio silence for 3 hours... only to find out that the 'previous chat has been closed', so lets start again ... WTF!!!

I had no issue with the service of the past 2 years, but this 3 month drawn out effort to leave is like being tangled in the stupidest spider web i cant escape from. My opinion of Telstra has single handidly gone from strong to 'never going back'.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Oh, just read this reply. 

Boo, i thought Telstra might monitor this. Well i suppose i am leaving as this wont do any good if they dont monitor their own crowdsupport site. What clowns!

I did get this auto reply email from Telstra Credit Management <creditmanagement@online.telstra.com.au>

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

This mailbox isn't monitored anymore, so the message you just sent won't get to us.

If you need to get in touch please Contact Us

See you online soon.

Fiona Hayes

Head of Customer Service and Contact Centres

So it seems like Fiona Hayes might be the one in charge the ridiculous tangle of poor service that reeks of "keep costs down"

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear of the poor experience @bearded_guy with cancelling your service.  I recommend sending a message through to our team via the MyTelstra app again to discuss account information and to arrange the cancellation. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have been trying to get the chat to give me the details on what I will need to do to cancel my Telstra service (not ready yet but hopefully will be within the week after many years as a Telstra customer and previously very happy with the support). Chat appear to be unwilling to provide that detail.

A couple of months of trying to get ongoing dropouts addressed (and trying to raise a complaint) and I've decided to switch providers as Telstra has apparently abandoned any concept of retail customer support.

I really wonder what is happening at Telstra that things can get as bad as they appear to have and it's seemingly impossible to get the attention of anybody both interested and with the contacts to address the issues. 

My latest today was the chat setting up a call for me for 1:30 PM to discuss my feedback and that appointment was not kept. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit