Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Does Telstra have 5G on it's home NBN modem?

Answered

9fore anyone jumps on me, I am not talking about 5G mobile. I am currently with TPG but decided to switch to Telstra but just recently i noticed on my home wifi there was a connection available called WiFi-Q6DD-5G and it gives significantly faster internet speed, a t least 20% faster. I enquired with TPG what this was and they just said it was a faster option but had smaller range than the standard Q66DD connection.

Just tested both just a little while ago and I'm on NBN50. 5G gave me 45.1 D/L and 10.2 U/L and the standard connection gave me 33.9 D/L and 9.04 U/L.

Does Telstra home NBN have this 5G option or do you just get those higher speeds anyway? 

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Does Telstra have 5G on it's home NBN modem?

Telstra has 5 GHz WiFi on all of its Home internet modems that were issued in the past three years. The latest modem's use band steering which automatically connects devices to the band with the best WiFi performance. With band steering both WiFi bands use the same SSID. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Telstra has 5 GHz WiFi on all of its Home internet modems that were issued in the past three years. The latest modem's use band steering which automatically connects devices to the band with the best WiFi performance. With band steering both WiFi bands use the same SSID. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you that answers my question.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit