Kieran
Level 1: Cadet

does this measure up?

currently, i'm on one of the 500gb plans( not sure which )

anyway, every game i play is laggy, even on aus servers, and results from speedtest.net are as follows

41ms 6.25mbps d/l 0.24mbps u/l

every voip program i use, the other person can't undestand because of lag, and most games i play lag also

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: does this measure up?

currently, i'm on one of the 500gb plans( not sure which )

You should be able to ascertain that by logging in to My BigPond. We have no idea whether you're using BigPond ADSL, BigPond Cable, or BigPond Velocity broadband, as all of them offer 500GB plans, let alone whether (in the case of Cable or Velocity) it is Elite or Ultimate.

anyway, every game i play is laggy, even on aus servers, and results from speedtest.net are as follows

Test results from speedtest.net has no standing with respect to the Technical Support that BigPond offers, and in particular ‘lag’ (or ‘ping’, or network latency) is not regarded as a measure that is relevant for fitness-for-purpose for BigPond services. In other words, while I'm not trying to invalidate your observation as a user (and, let's assume, a customer) that game-play is ‘laggy’, I'm not sure what you reasonably expect anyone to do about it.

There is no standard for network latency of consumer broadband services, so the whole “measure up” thing is not applicable.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Kieran
Level 1: Cadet

i'm pretty sure having a crappy connection has standing, as for the plan, i would think even the slowest of them should be better than what i'm getting

here are some more results from pingtest.net

29% packet loss, explains bad VOIP and gameplay...

i'll be testing this on more computers on same connection later today, but i don't expect it to change much

for comparison, i had my friend run the same test, he's from a different isp and lives a little ways away but got much better results

as for the exact plan, i don't personally own the account, i'm posting on behalf of the owner and myself, and i want to know if we have an issue that needs to be sorted out, like i said, i expect even the worst of the 500gp plans would be better than this.

Extreame
Level 20: Director

Please follow this guide and report back with your results.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit