Brouhaha
Level 2: Rookie

Early termination fee on bundle

Answered

I'm upgrading from a $73 50Gb to a larger plan of 200Gb @$93 within my 'family broadband deals'.

My bill arrived and although, I'm upgrading within Telstra and within my 'family of broadband plan' and Telstra have a "right fit guarantee" I'm still being charged $270 for Early Termination. 

Surely, if I'm staying with Telstra, Staying within my ' broadband family of plans' and given that they have a right fit guarantee' I would NOT be charged to upgrade.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brouhaha
Accepted Solution

Re: Early termination fee on bundle - solved

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and advice, warmly received. 

I originally emailed Telstra with my complaint, unfortunately, Telstra email reply was a generic ' Thank you for your email ..." We apologise for the delay ... to immediately address your enquires, please call us on  132200 and say BILLING'

This is the only reply I received from Telstra complaints, not even the courtesy to address my complaint directly. 

I did call 132200 and after initially being told that this was a legitimate fee? I persisted and finally Telstra saw sense that I have been wrongly charged as I should have been charged a $50 Early Recontracting Fee not a termination fee. 

Positive outcome was Telstra have reversed the absurd termination fee and inserted the $50 Early Recontracting Fee.

This could have been worse if I had not persisted and persisted, if I had just given up or worse not paid the bill I would be struck with an expensive early termination fee. 

I must say, the Telstra man on the phone was a fantastic person because he worked through this, including of course his manager/supervisor. Luckily, they realised the mistake and corrected it promptly and efficiently.

Cheers, 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
extendo
Level 20: Director

Re: Early termination fee on bundle

Hello,

You can upgrade a bundle within the same family of bundles just like what you have done called the Telstra Broadband Range in which there are 3 bundles $73, $93 and the $113 bundle.

Changing from the $73 to the $93 in which you have done does not incur a ETC of $270.00. Please get in touch with Telstra and sort this out as it looks like a billing error.

edit -

I would also like to add what is on the CIS form ( critical information summary )

Changing bundles

If you have taken up this bundle on a 24-month minimum term, you can change to another Telstra Broadband Range plan once a month during your minimum term. You’ll need to restart your 24 month term and pay a $50 Early Recontracting Fee if you move to another Bundle Range before the end of your minimum term.

🙂

Thanks.

Brouhaha
Accepted Solution

Re: Early termination fee on bundle - solved

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and advice, warmly received. 

I originally emailed Telstra with my complaint, unfortunately, Telstra email reply was a generic ' Thank you for your email ..." We apologise for the delay ... to immediately address your enquires, please call us on  132200 and say BILLING'

This is the only reply I received from Telstra complaints, not even the courtesy to address my complaint directly. 

I did call 132200 and after initially being told that this was a legitimate fee? I persisted and finally Telstra saw sense that I have been wrongly charged as I should have been charged a $50 Early Recontracting Fee not a termination fee. 

Positive outcome was Telstra have reversed the absurd termination fee and inserted the $50 Early Recontracting Fee.

This could have been worse if I had not persisted and persisted, if I had just given up or worse not paid the bill I would be struck with an expensive early termination fee. 

I must say, the Telstra man on the phone was a fantastic person because he worked through this, including of course his manager/supervisor. Luckily, they realised the mistake and corrected it promptly and efficiently.

Cheers, 

View solution in original post

naish35
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Early termination fee on bundle

just pay the fee and go with a diferent company theses people are crimanals

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit