Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Error with broadband

Hi, 

I am the officer in charge of a police station and my building consists of a station downstairs and a residence upstairs. I have lived here since November 2017 with Telstra NBN without an issue. 

On the 7th of July 2020 I renewed my broadband plan with telstra (after you called me to advise that I should). Telstra have detected the station as my new residence (as it is a dual purpose building) and without consultation have assumed that I have moved to a new address. 

This has then triggered a "moving home request" and telstra have disconnected my NBN giving me 3mpbs on the 4g backup. Telstra now have my new connection sitting in an idle state because the QLD government already have carriage of the station. 

Telstra are now saying I need to pay for a technician to change internal wiring in the residence to regain my internet connection (even thou it was working since 2017). 

All i need, is for someone with basic problem solving skills to look at the address that they had been providing me internet for 3 freaking years. Set that as the account address and provide me my NBN (that's it, its not difficult, there's no trick to it. that is it). 

You have also started charging me $123 a month instead of the promised $90 a month for some reason. Can you also please resolve this. I have attempted to call telstra multiple times only to be flicked a text message. 

I have spoken to the instant messaging site approximately 6 times, but they are clearly reading a script and don't actually absorb the problem and just give me a condescending response. 

Order reference NA51115368,

can someone with some basic problem solving skills please call me. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Error with broadband

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or the systems required to follow this up for you. This is primarily a forum where customers try to assist other customers with their problems.

You would need to make contact either by calling 132200, or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

I would suspect that the problem lies within the NBN Co address database, in that there may only be a single entry for the Police Station and that a second address may need to be create for the residence. The issue could possibly have been triggered by some other IT works happening at the Station recently?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Calling 132200 goes nowhere, they just flick a link to the messaging website. 

I have spoken to the online messaging system and they are no help at all. It’s not an NBN issue. There have been no new works. Telstra have messed up the address but they refuse to listen to me

Highlighted

Your next step would be to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman via tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit