Level 1: Cadet

Existing customet

Answered

So,I am an existing customer paying 100 pm for unlimited at 50mbps.I want a new contract with a smart modem at the offer for new customers which is cheaper than my existing deal without the modem.As a loyal customer of several years why cant I get this deal.If I cancel my service how long do I have to wait to become a "new" customer.Seems like a reason for me to go elsewhere

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Existing customet

The cost of the 50Mbps unlimited speed tier is $90 per month for existing customers. There is nothing stopping you from switching to that unless you are on a plan that came with a 24 month minimum commitment.

You can't get the $10 discount for the first 12 months as that is to entice new customers to Telstra.

Also, the modem is included free (unless you disconnect within 24 months), so there is no discount if you don't take it.

If you cancel your service, you have to wait 6 months to be considered a new customer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

The cost of the 50Mbps unlimited speed tier is $90 per month for existing customers. There is nothing stopping you from switching to that unless you are on a plan that came with a 24 month minimum commitment.

You can't get the $10 discount for the first 12 months as that is to entice new customers to Telstra.

Also, the modem is included free (unless you disconnect within 24 months), so there is no discount if you don't take it.

If you cancel your service, you have to wait 6 months to be considered a new customer.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply.Its the same for the smart modem.There is no discount plus they want me to front a couple hundred if I want the modem.Think I'll go elsewhere

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit