MarkPs
Level 1: Cadet

Fast NBN Connection speed but slow webpage loading

I switched from Telstra ADSL2 to NBN a few months ago. I constantly test the download and upload speeds of NBN via Ookla speed test which is showing substantially higher speeds than via the ADSL2. NBN usually sits in the range of 40 Mps download and 18 Mps upload. Problem is the webpages I open via NBN (eg News.com.au, Nine MSN) take 3 to 4 times longer to open via NBN than they did via ADSL2. I also notice that one of the 3 smart TVs in the house has a speed download issue which was not present during ADSL2 (this TV is only 3 meters away from the modem).

need some help here to understand why the test is showing double the download speed from my previous service yet delivers a poorer output (at a higher cost)

thx

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Fast NBN Connection speed but slow webpage loading

Is the Smart TV a Samsung TV? Some Samsung devices have had problems with NBN and the Telstra Smart Modem.

If you have a Smart Modem you could try turning of band steering on the Modems 2.4GHz WiFi settings page. This will provide a desperate SSID for the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz band allowing you to connect devices manually to the band with the best WiFi performance.

When you say it takes free times longer for WEB pages to load, how long is it taking to load news.com.au ?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit