Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Finding any answers on fttp Nbn

Has anyone managed to find someone to talk to at Telstra about fttp ? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Finding any answers on fttp Nbn

@GuzziGuy wrote:

Has anyone managed to find someone to talk to at Telstra about fttp ? 

Hi @GuzziGuy 

What questions do you have?

There is a couple of smart cookies here that I bet can answer your queries.

I'll ping them so they might be able to push you in the right direction if you give us a bit more detail :-) @cf4  @Jupiter 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, I have to make a move to the NBN latest before April next year. I want to find out how much fttp will cost me, is it a standard cost or varies by location and situation ? The node is about 300 metres from our house. Telstra seems to be totally off the air for talking to a real person as is the NBN at this time. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have been trying to get hold of someone for three days to find out when my technician will be coming to hook up my NBN. No response.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you want FTTP instead of FTTN  then you need to contact NBN and ask for them to give you a quote. See link below.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/learn/network-technology/technology-choice-program

If this is a new FTTN service and there has never been an NBN service at the premises there is a $300 fee providing there is already conduit from the premises to the connection pit.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

We have had 4 appointments booked for a technician to come and had 4 no shows and can’t get in touch with anyone to find out what the hell is going on!

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you switch to the standard NBN service that has rolled out to your property, then migrating from an existing internet service will cost nothing. If your property doesn't currently have a phone connection, then you would get charged $300, being the initial connection to the property.

If you wish to have FTTP installed (and it sounds like you are in an FTTN area, given that you have mentioned the Node), then you will need to follow the link that @cf4  posted and apply for a quote for the Technology Change Program. The quote itself will cost $330 and then NBN Co will provide you with the cost for providing FTTP to your premises (note: it will be in the thousands of dollars).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit