Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Fixed wireless internet

Answered

Can someone explain to me why I'm not allowed to have fixed wireless internet at my rural home when I have a telstra tower outside our window? I don't know how it all works but I have satellite and it's awful and telstra portable wifi is way to expensive. I don't have any landline wiring at all

Christine 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Fixed wireless internet

NBN fixed wireless requires NBN Co to install Fixed Wireless mobile towers in your areas a special connector is then installed on your roof and a modem inside that then lets you connect via the fixed wireless network. Unfortunately many country towns that were set to get fibre or fixed wireless have been downgraded to only nbn satellite. That is an nbn decision not a carrier one so you would need to complain with nbn or with your local federal  member If you feel it should be different. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Fixed wireless internet

NBN fixed wireless requires NBN Co to install Fixed Wireless mobile towers in your areas a special connector is then installed on your roof and a modem inside that then lets you connect via the fixed wireless network. Unfortunately many country towns that were set to get fibre or fixed wireless have been downgraded to only nbn satellite. That is an nbn decision not a carrier one so you would need to complain with nbn or with your local federal  member If you feel it should be different. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit