Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Fixed Wireless with a bridge and sent to house

Answered

Hi, I have low fixed wireless signal at my house, however ontop of the hill on our property the shed has a line of sight to the tower, so have decided to install fixed wireless on the shed and use existing ubiquity 150meg wireless bridge to send data to the house. The wireless bridge I have I wish to remain on the LAN as I have fixed IP units at the shed I.P. Camera's etc, so therefore I need to position the Telstra router at the shed, however I want the phone at the house to go over VOIP, as per a usual installation. Can I just get a router, and DHCP server (non wireless, non phone line) for the shed, and use a Telstra wireless smart modem not configured as a router or DHCP server to use to connect the phone to at the house? Is there an easier way?

Gavin Hill
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Fixed Wireless with a bridge and sent to house

Yes you could use anon Telstra router in the shed and use the Telstra router as  VOIP adapter in the house.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can only use a Telstra modem for a Telstra NBN voice service as Telstra does not provide the information required to set up a VOIP adapter. If shed is not to far from house could a Telstra voice extender.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/TVE-User-Guide-Final.pdf

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes you could use anon Telstra router in the shed and use the Telstra router as  VOIP adapter in the house.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Is it possible to put the Telstra router at the shed and use another VOIP adapter at the house?

Gavin Hill
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can only use a Telstra modem for a Telstra NBN voice service as Telstra does not provide the information required to set up a VOIP adapter. If shed is not to far from house could a Telstra voice extender.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/home-phone/pdf/TVE-User-Guide-Final.pdf

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit