DRobbo
Level 2: Rookie

foxtel and cable outage

Lost Foxtel and cable internet service in Leeming Western Australia. Would like to know reason and when services will resume?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Briancl
Level 1: Cadet

Re: foxtel and cable outage

Ditto
Lrevy

Same here, I'm in Winthrop and saw my cable was out when I got home. Apparently it went out this afternoon though.

Service status page only has an unexpected interruption to Bateman ADSL but.... Maybe they're related...

Modem settings also say network access denied.
philipm

I'm in Winthrop, also with no Cable Internet.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Hopefully someone is working on the problem and we will all be back online in no time.

Faker

I am living in winthrop, and the cable internet isn't working for me too.

I called telstra twice, and basically what they say is

"Your foxtel is working, so it's not the cable, it's ur modem."

Glad to know I am not the only one facing this problem.

philipm

Just finished on live chat. This is the info I have:

There has been fibre damage within your areas. Several cables have been cut and at this stage the site has been rendered unsafe to enter and begin repair.
We are eagerly awaiting the go ahead to work on getting everyone connected again.
No ETA at this stage, apologies for any inconvenience it may be causing.

Phil
Matted

I also live in WINTHROP and experiencing the same issues with cable since last night.

What I want to know is why this is the only reference to the problem and nothing is listed on Bigpond's Service Advisory? Obviously there's an issue. And for the Tech Services to tell one of the users above that it must be a problem with their modem is just downright ridiculous.

Come on Bigpond... Lift your game.
KC18

Yep, I live in Leeming and I've got no Foxtel and no internet.

Agreed, it's ridiculous that I have to try and track people's conversations on twitter to try and get updates as to when service will be restored. Why is there nothing on the outages page?

Will be giving them a call and asking for a credit on my bill for the days I will be without connection. They reckon tomorrow arvo now.

Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello all,

I've checked the service status again for your area and I can confirm that Foxtel and Cable services are now back online since 2014-03-10 10:19:00

Could anyone else please confirm? Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cuzbro

Morning Joe, I'm having the same problem with my Foxtel and internet but I'm in Blacktown. NSW. Can you find out if we have the same problems as WA.
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Cuzbro,

Customers can check for any outages in their area via this link: http://servicestatus.telstra.com/

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit