Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel usage metered or unmetered on Telstra NBN if Foxtel is not billed by Telstra

Hi all,

I currently have Telstra $75 500mb p/m NBN connection and wondering if i have a separately billed Foxtel (Non Telstra billed) account will i incur Metered streaming Data Charges on my NBN connection or is it unmetered ?

If its metered, then i would need to either upgrade to the $90 unlimited data plan, but would prefer to stay on the cheaper plan as i don't use more than 500GB p/m .

Thankz in advance

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Foxtel usage metered or unmetered on Telstra NBN if Foxtel is not billed by Telstra

Just clarifying Brinrac, are you considering opening a non-Telstra billed Foxtel service or do you already have one?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Foxtel usage metered or unmetered on Telstra NBN if Foxtel is not billed by Telstra

We have Foxtel billed separately at a workplace going through a Telstra billed internet connection, and need to know when Telstra change the Cable to a Telstra NBN internet connection, is the Foxtel separately billed streaming data metered or Unmetered on the Telstra NBN internet connection.

@OllieW wrote:

Just clarifying Brinrac, are you considering opening a non-Telstra billed Foxtel service or do you already have one?

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks or these details so the great news is that Foxtel is unmetered no matter the service it's provided on. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit