CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

FTTN NBN drop outs

Answered

For the last three weeks I have been experiencing frequent drop outs - this is what is happening and this is what I have already done.

What is happening:
1. Green light for several minutes, Then Orange light. Sometimes goes Red then Blue then Green. 
2. Retrain count in log is showing several counts per day 15+
3. Sometimes I get a stable connection for hours, then it returns to frequent drop outs every 5-10 mins. 

What I have done:
1. I have contacted Telstra via phone 4 times in the last two weeks, they said they will monitor the connection over 24 hours. Sometimes it will suddenly become stable, only to return to unstable the next day.
2. They have sent a technician out twice already, the result is nothing is wrong at my end or the node/pillar.
3. When the Technician has come out, the connection has stabalized for this period while it is checked.

The technician came yesterday and it was stable for a day and a half with only 2 drop outs. As soon as the technician left, 2 hours later it resumed the frequent drop outs every 5-10 minutes. Then it went stable again for several hours. 

This morning the next day it resumes the frequent drop outs. I have already put a crowdsupport post up, which received no replies. This is my second and last attempt. I have put in a complaint email over this which has also received no response. 

I have been a Telstra customer for over 10 years. I am sick of calling up and being on wait for over 50 minutes, the second last time the operator disconnected the call and didnt call me back, forcing me to wait another 50 minutes. When I got through, the technician appointment was booked. Then hours later I got a message on my phone to confirm this appointment, of which I had to call up and wait again for over 50 minutes just to confirm an appointment I already had stated was needed. 

This is beyond frustrating, and beyond poor service. I can not accept this anymore - I want an answer, I want the service I am paying for, I want this issue resolved. I will not being paying the bill this month and instead disputing it as the majority of the time there has not been a service to pay for. 

This is the last chance, and if this can't be fixed then I will switch to another ISP and be done with it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: FTTN NBN drop outs

Since writing the above 3 weeks ago, the connection has only had 3 drop outs for only a short period of time. The connection has been stable and fast, maintenance was done in the area so my guess is there was an issue underground or something.

Telstra has applied a discount to the bill this month.

Thank you for resolving this issue finally, my constructive feedback on this is that communications could of been improved. Perhaps consider having a few call centers in Australia or a Text service to book call-back appointments. Sometimes it is not in Telstra control to fix issues that NBN co need to attend, but being on call waiting for hour long cues is certainly something that can be improved. 

Anyway, thought id update this thread/post. Thanks for fixing the issue and discounting this months bill.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Since writing the above 3 weeks ago, the connection has only had 3 drop outs for only a short period of time. The connection has been stable and fast, maintenance was done in the area so my guess is there was an issue underground or something.

Telstra has applied a discount to the bill this month.

Thank you for resolving this issue finally, my constructive feedback on this is that communications could of been improved. Perhaps consider having a few call centers in Australia or a Text service to book call-back appointments. Sometimes it is not in Telstra control to fix issues that NBN co need to attend, but being on call waiting for hour long cues is certainly something that can be improved. 

Anyway, thought id update this thread/post. Thanks for fixing the issue and discounting this months bill.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same problems! Originally after the phone consultant agreed there were a lot of drop outs organised a Telstra technician who came out to check the modem. He advised it wasn’t the modem and was in fact an NBN issue. He then wished me well and said you are now going to spend hours on the phone and continue making appointments with NBN technicians only to be told that it’s all fixed, good luck. How right he was! I have made 5 appointments for an NBN technicians and each one has been cancelled with a text message advising the problem has been resolved. However it is not fixed and I need to call back and make another appointment and consequently go through the same process again and again. I have just spent 1.45hr on the phone only to be told they will monitor again for 24 hours. I’m beyond upset, emotionally drained and this is now having a significant impact on my ability to work, not to mention my time and mental health. I have lodged a complaint, received 28 text messages from Telstra this week and spent hours and hours on the phone with technician after technician going over the same tests over and over.  What more can I do???

Highlighted

I'm wondering if your drop out problem has been resolved as I have an identical problem which has been ongoing for 3 weeks, also had 2 call outs but still not resolved 3rd call out was today and they didn't turn up...at my wits end! 

Highlighted

I have the same issue and seems like they don’t even care or do something to fix the issues. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit