caspianman
Level 2: Rookie

Gateway issues

Answered

Hi I have 2 properties both recently connected to NBN.  Both have Sagem f@st 5355 gateways.  I have had to reset (press the reset button)on both of these twice in 6 weeks because the internet light goes blue and kicks me offline.  When it is working, at both properies, it is great. To reset means clearing all setting I have setup and this takes time that I dont think I should need to do..  When logged into the Gateway, on the Broadband page there is a setting for PPP setings and this is set to newdsluser@bigpond.com with a password.  Do I need to insert my bigpond login details here?  Just looking for causes for this fustrating issue right now.  Someone please help me!Smiley Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Gateway issues

Telstra NBN connections don't use a user name and password so changing these will have no effect. theoretically PPP enabled should be turned of for connections that don't require a user name an password so you could try turning PPP enabled off.

The gateways settings can be backed up so that if the gateway has to be reset the settings don't need to be manually re-entered. To back up or restore settings go to Advanced > Gateway Settings > Maintenance > Back up and Restore.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

Telstra NBN connections don't use a user name and password so changing these will have no effect. theoretically PPP enabled should be turned of for connections that don't require a user name an password so you could try turning PPP enabled off.

The gateways settings can be backed up so that if the gateway has to be reset the settings don't need to be manually re-entered. To back up or restore settings go to Advanced > Gateway Settings > Maintenance > Back up and Restore.

View solution in original post

caspianman
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your help, I will backup ASAP

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit