Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Gen 2 Router regularly loses the SIP connection

Our home phone periodically (every few days) stops working for a few hours. When I log into the router all the services (internet, wifi etc) are working, but the telephony service (SIP) is grey'd out, along with Telstra Air (not sure if its related or just co-incidence). If we leave it long enough, the SIP service comes back on. Or alternatively I can reboot the router and it comes back up (usually about 10 mins after internet etc).

Its getting quite frustrating as this has been happening for months.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Gen 2 Router regularly loses the SIP connection

What model router (DJA0231 or LH1000) do you have and what is the Firmware no? This information is displayed on LHS of modem's log in screen.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SGE, if you want to make sure everything is ok on our end with the nbn service, please first check there are no disruptions listed under 'Home Phone' or 'Internet' for your address here 

If there's not, my advice would be to login here & complete the troubleshooting as it may help fix any issues you're currently experiencing, but also helps speed up the fault process if you need to call our nbn fault team on 1800 834 273. If they're unable to resolve over the phone, they may monitor the connection or arrange a tech appointment. 

You may have some trouble getting help over the phone at the moment though & I'd suggest speaking with our messaging team via the Telstra app so we can help you further with this. If they're unable to resolve, they will escalate this further for you. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'.

Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Technicolor DJA0231

18.1.c.0514-950-RB

Highlighted

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for your reply and the link. I have tried the link before. The problem is that I fix the problem by rebooting the router (or restarting the modem from inside the admin page) because we need the phone working. So when you follow the link it doesn't help because it focuses on testing the line.

I was looking more if other people are having the same issue, or if there is something unique to us?

Thanks

Simon

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit