Crustyman
Level 2: Rookie

Get back in touch with us not working

I had a great conversation with a sales rep the other day and had all intentions of signing up however ran out of time so he sent me a link to "get back in touch with us" which just doesn't work, I keep getting told "I’m sorry we are unable to schedule a call back. Please contact Telstra if you would like to speak to an Agent"

How do get back in touch with him?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
settlerbill
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Get back in touch with us not working

G'day crustyman, in my humble opinion it is just a sales gimmick.

Crustyman

That's great but I'd still like to know how to get back in touch with him, I tried calling Sales who had no idea how to deal with the existing reference number and said they'd email him to call me but that was days ago and still no luck...

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Crustyman, 

I apologise that the Get Back In Touch link has not functioned correctly for you. 

If you contact us on 132200 we will happily chat with you about the offer you were provided and see what we can do. Otherwise, if you have a reference number or employee number from the call, I can contact the consultant in question and request they recontact you. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Crustyman

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for getting back to me, the employee was Anthony Employee Number: D630487

Cheers,

Chris

Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Cheers Crustyman

I will send an email to Anthony with your original post 🙂

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

On that note though Crustyman, I see you haven't provided a reference number, usually beginning with INT. Can you please reply with this as Anthony may find it difficult finding you 😉

- Dani

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jumanji2015
Level 4: Private Eye

This service is false advertising because it never works.

I bundled telephones & ADSL services with Telstra (Perth) just over a month ago and encountered horrendous problems wasting a lot of my time calling support and gatecrashing into the Telstra shop which sold me all the problems.

The Phillipines telephone support conversations are standard with constant apologies & at the end the prominently advertised Get back in touch...

So I tried it 3 times over a month getting teh same messaqge: "the service is not available, call  Telstra support" I was back at the beginning talking to a new random operator...

The fact is if my internet works consistently I don't need to call support , then if the first support caller follows through and resolves (in my case) the always  Telstra problem I don't need to get back in touch, etc.

But the Telstra support is a one way street, all you get is a standard email/SMS with a useless reference number & statement  "We hope the problem was fixed".

What problem will never be known because it never says, so these are internal cases opened and closed by various Telstra virtual departments who believe everything can be fixed from a remote screen because the problem must be at the Custpomer end...

I had 3-4 cases in one week and was unable to figure out which one was for what (copper line, billing, technical support for over billing)

Right now my ADSL speed has been consistently half (from 5MB/s dwon to 1.6 - 2,7MB/s) for a few days, just enough to browse & find there are no area network issues.

I called support twice this mornng but the telephone lines at the other end are unusable with lots of static & distorted  audio too poor to sustain a "telephone suuport" conversation, all we hear is each end screaming "I can't hear you"!.

So a weekend comes up, no service call center while Telstra beileves they prvide me with top service and bill accordingly, I can't see them caring for the induvudual!

Telstra's issues are widespread not isolated cases as they want us to believe,.

It's time Telstra spare their support apologies & lift their game providing the service they bill us for. 

Crustyman

Hi Dani,

Reference is INT 1-452125400234

Cheers,

Chris

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jumanji2015, 

The static or noise on your line will affect your internet connection speeds.  You can try performing an isolation test to rule out faulty equipment, but if the noise is still on the line  after that then I would advise that you report this to our Faults team on 132203.  You can also report a faulty line via the following web form http://tel.st/dv2z

You can find instructions on how to perform an isolation test by visiting http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/5501...

- Ben

Jumanji2015

Hi Ben,

thanks and sorry for being sketchy but the frustration level is too high, still...

The static and appalling line was to the support centre to which I made 2 unsuccsessful calls, the unusable lines were  overseas not here, I can talk locally and nationally without issues.

The copper line is also fine just the inetrent speed got haved (cosntantly, not just peak traffic & not shaped).

A few days ago I bought a new computer and installing applications require some massive downlaods, one sound library was 20GB & knowing I'll hit the 100GB/month I activated one of the 3 free 100GB/month/year packs but now I got no speed to use that amount.

So I'll lose a freepack, have slow internet, no support wasting my time and get angry while Telstra brags about the great service it provides?

I shouldn't even be here none of us should, I don't want apologies, cases reference numbers, freebies, promisses or lip service, just give me back the the 5MB/sec speed and keep it that way, all I want is what I am asked to pay for.

Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I see your points, but f you're having speed issues the only way to get it fixed is to discuss it with the department trained to diagnose it.  This would be our consultants on 133 933 or via our Live Chat page

I would advise you that you still try preforming an isolation test, as it may help and it should be one of the tests the tech support team get you to go though.  If you are using a WiFi connection you can also try some of the steps in the following link.  It has some online tools and downloadable apps that can help to optimise your service. http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/WiFi-Troubleshooting/ta-p/107516

- Ben

Jumanji2015

Thanks Ben,

your advise just proves the poor service Telstra provides sending me back thorug the same loop...

I have nothing to isolate, I tried all the Telstra diagnosys tools, tried to call support, nothing worked.

Notthing has changed at my end, one day I woke to find the ADSL speed halved & that's how it stayed for some 5 days now.

Just above your first post I see another person quoting me a reference number, what is that for and what will be done about my problem, this is the whole ppooint of going around in circeles!

As I said, I might try one more time the phone "support" over the weekend and if not solved Monday at 9AM I will be at the Telstra shop finishing off this pathetric "service".

This has nothing to do with the telephone support, when I get through they are fine but they can only do so much from a screen, the problem is Telsttra not providing the service they promissed and keep billing me for.

No apologies can can make up for the unrilable support & my waste of time complaining about it.

Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jumanji2015

As Ben has advised, the technical team is the best people to speak to in regards to this as they are trained for these issues. 

The reference number Crustyman provided above is in relation to a discussion he had with a consultant, it is of no relevance to you 

Crustyman

Jumanji2015 - I quoted the reference number that is relevant to the thread that I created, you are posting things that are completely irrelevant to my thread!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit