Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Get home phone & Internet connected - get told not enough ports.

Telstra has done it again. Living in Pakenham, Victoria, when we first moved into this house we were told there are not enough ports, which we would have to wait a little longer until we can get one. It's been a year and a half and we finally got told yes! On the phone they said if we would have had a home phone we could have got it connected anytime.... Which is wrong because we already asked that. They came out and connected out home phone, and T-Hub. We got our modem in the mail today. Then we get a call saying that they can't provide us Internet because there is not enough ports... Our account is on a day hold to figure it out.. What the hell Telstra? Anyone else had this problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Get home phone & Internet connected - get told not enough ports.

Hi Zayyy,

Thanks for your post about being told that internet service is now available to you after waiting for a year and a half for a port to become available, only to be told that it's again not available and I'm sorry that this has caused some confusion.

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

It seems strange to me that you've received your modem and then be told that we cannot provide the broadband service due to lack of ports, as the modem does not actually get sent until you are ready to connect and activate your broadband service. 

I can understand that this has been put on hold for a day to figure out what's going. Again I'm sorry for the lack of and conflicting information you were given regarding availability of broadband. I'm more than happy to follow this up for you if you still don't get any answers directly from our Activation Team in the next few days regarding this. You can send me a private message with link to this post and then we can go from there as I need to get your account details.

I look foward to your updates. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit