Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Help setting up BYO modem (Netgear D6300) on NBN,

Hello and Thanks in advance.

My service has recently activated and when I use the default modem supplied, it works no problems.

When I attempt to connect using my Netgear D6300, it simply doesn't detect a connection.

It's fibre to the building but not to the home, I have no WAN port but an ADSL cable output to connect to the NBN.

Steps I've done:

- Reset Netgear to factory default

- Chose "no login required for internet" , choosing all information to be "optained automatically by ISP"

- tried matching the LAN,WAN,DNS etc. details that shows up on the default router to the netgear

- Different Cables

- Ran auto-setup wizard (simply doesn't detect any connection at all)

I've called customer service in which they said they don't have training on the BYO modem and can't help. Netgear says they'll charge me 90 bucks for help. I've googled to the ends of the earth and have not found a solution, please save me. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help setting up BYO modem (Netgear D6300) on NBN,

Given that the community has been unable to provide advice I would recommend that you look at our Telstra Platinum service. Our standard technical support does not provide assistance with BYO so if your Google Fu is not up to the task then you will need paid technical help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit