Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HELP!! Who to contact for my NBN Connection?

NBN technician come over last week but did not do anything because my house has no lead-in cable. NBN technician said he would place order for Civil Team to come and install lead-in cable.  

I haven't heard from anyone since and there is no channel for me to follow up. This is frustrating because I need internet connection now. I have just got a work from home job. If I don't have good internet connection, I may not last on this job (....crying).

I visited the Telstra website multiple times in vain.  No follow up, no news, don't know what is happening.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: HELP!! Who to contact for my NBN Connection?

Normally it is the homeowner's responsibility to have a trench dug and a conduit installed for the lead in cable (from the house to the property boundary).

Telstra wouldn't be able to give you an update as it would all be internal to NBN Co if they were organising it (I'd be expecting a quote for the works though - approx $1500 to $2000).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

How to get Telstra to respond to my question?

There is no way that I could contact Telstra. This is frustrating. I just want to follow up on my NBN connection. One technician said he will get another technician to come to my house for installation of a lead-in cable. I was told to contact Telstra for further update but I could not reach anyone in Telstra. The "Order Tracking" function is useless.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: How to get Telstra to respond to my question?

I've had the same problem. Can't seem to be able to get on to anyone. I used to use the 24x7 live chat but even that seems to have vanished into the covid ether.

~CD~
Highlighted

Re: How to get Telstra to respond to my question?

To contact Telstra,s end a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get help screen). If Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit