Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

High NBN Latency, packet loss and cut outs.

Hello All. I have posted multiple questions about latency issues here before, and the issue was resolved, but only temporarily. The issue has worsened since posting here last time, now with packet loss and cut outs, maybe once per day. By cut outs i mean that the router has shut itself off and restarted, and that i have temporarily lost connection. Packet loss isnt too frequent, but still annoying. And yet, none of these problems seem to be coming from my gateway, but other hops. Please, this issue has been bugging me for a month+ and i would really like some help, any help. Thank

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: High NBN Latency, packet loss and cut outs.

Are you still getting the same packet loss to sydney812.discord.gg? I did a plot last night which was similar to yours but this morning the plot only shows small packet loss (less than 0.4%).

Could you post the modem's log for the time just before the modem's restart?

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

hey, Thanks for your response! No i am not getting the same packet loss today, similar to what you are getting. As for the logs, i assume you mean the operator logs since they were the only ones i can find, sorry if ive got this wrong. The operator log is here, it only seemed to show the logs for today (23/09): https://pastebin.com/CkD8AX2P

Highlighted

To view the full logs they have to be saved as a file. There is a lot of DNS errors. But most of the errors seem to be to sites that don't exist such as internal.vic.gov.au. and P04371.justice.vic.gov.au. You could try changing the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS server in the modem's settings.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit