Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

History of faults for NBN service

My in-laws have had ongoing NBN dropouts and speed issues since July.  

Telstra have repeatedly visited the premises with attempts to fix the problem and have even relocated the phone socket (now only one in the house) to the exact location the lead-in enters the building.
The drop-outs are sometimes 2-3 times a day, or every other day, and some have even had phone and internet services offline for days at a time.

NBN line sync is currently at 11Mbps down and 0.9Mbps up, yet two weeks ago it was 22Mbps down and 4Mbps up.

Based on DBYD reports and location of nodes and pillars by me personally, the node is around 800m away and checks on Optus's serviceability tool show that speeds should be in the vicinity of 35-60MBps down, 8-20Mbps up.

There has been so many calls to the Telstra Faults dept. by my folks that they have lost count and have completely lost ALL confidence in the internet and phone services at their home.  

ALL of this has only started since transitioning to the NBN.  On ADSL2+ and PSTN, they had a solid reliable 18Mbps down and 1Mbps up and working home phone.

Can I have Telstra provide us with a history of all faults, complaints and support interaction with this service so we can lodge a complaint with the TIO and attempt the have the service fixed for good? 

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Re: History of faults for NBN service

To answer my own question, so far I have been able to get a list of interaction numbers and the dates they were started.
I might be pushing my luck to ask them to include the interaction notes and/or transcripts.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit