Andrew4144
Level 2: Rookie

Home 5G provisioning

Has anyone had a problem getting their 5G home internet provisioned / completed. I was invited by Telstra to switch to 5G home on a one month trial, I accepted and received the modem three weeks ago, to date I have not been able to connect to it, the order tracker states ‘in progress’. I have spoken with Telstra via the ‘dedicated’ 5G help line. I have been told it takes 2 hours, 2 days, 3 business days, 7 days and 7 to 10 business days to provision. I have been on chat lines 4 times for a total of 8 hours plus, told matter being escalated, told that a reference number has been sent to me (never received) no one has called back or emailed. Seems Telstra can’t do what their primary business requires.

anyone else been lost in the many cracks in Telstra system?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Home 5G provisioning

Another forum member was also sent a trial 5G modem, and it worked (until the modem became faulty), so presumably they were issued with a working SIM card.

Their thread is at https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/home-phones/5g-home-internet/m-p/929728#M16586

I suggest calling the ‘dedicated’ 5G help line that you mentioned, because your situation could be unique.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What happens when you turn the modem on. I powered my modem on as soon as I received it and it connected about three minutes after turning on.

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Andrew4144, would like to look into that for you. Have sent you a pm, just need to grab some info further off you.  - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

stringbean555
Level 1: Cadet

Hi 

i was was also sent a trial 5G modem, it worked for 1HR & I haven't been able to connect since . did you resolve the issue & do you have any advice ?

Dowser

Need support on your 5G Home Internet order, call our dedicated 5G Home support team on 1800 258 503 (8am – 8pm, 7 days a week).

Source

By the way, how were you selected to receive a trial 5G modem?.

Andrew4144

No change, raised a complaint last week, not heard on that either.

stringbean555

Raised a complaint, still no callback. Have raised 6 complaints in total- No support whatsoever 

going to cancel my order & return the modem 

Dowser

@stringbean555 wrote:

Raised a complaint, still no callback. Have raised 6 complaints in total- No support whatsoever 

going to cancel my order & return the modem 

You say that there is no support, yet I just spoke to one of the Support personnel on the aforementioned dedicated 5G Home support team on 1800 258 503 (8am – 8pm, 7 days a week), and outlined your issue & I was assured that they could assist you.

Andrew4144

It’s nice that they could ‘assure’ you that they can provide us with assistance. The reality in my case is that I have now spoken with the 5G home support team 8 times and not an ounce is assistance, of that you can be assured.

stringbean555

Hi Dowser

Funny you can determine what the issue is & the support line cant- what is the actual issue ??

can you please provide the complaint number & what the solution is ??  

It's been 3 weeks now & no solution to my connection issues , how do you even know that they can help when you don't have my account number etc ?

Dowser

I “outlined your issue” to the consultant, as I stated, just as you have outlined your issue in this thread (without providing account or reference numbers).

Andrew4144

Do you honestly think they are going to say 

“oh sorry we can’t help with that” 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit