Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Home Broadband Free Top Up

We recently ran out of data and altho only 2 days away from our monthly renewal, decided to use one of 3 free data top ups.  An email was sent saying the top up had been accepted and would be activated within 30 minutes.  3 hours later we contacted Telstra because the internet was still snailing along. The assistant checked and resubmitted the top up request and  told us it can take up to 12 hours for activation to be effected (this is not stated on the Telstra web page) and so we all went to bed !!  Today, I have 2 emails telling me the top up request has been activated and that I have one top up left.  Within 3 hours, 2 top up requests were made and accepted - one by us and one by a Telstra assistant and so we lose again and Telstra wins.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Home Broadband Free Top Up

Thanks for the post santel

It is not good to read of your top-up issues, I apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused. 

Please chat with our online team at  http://tel.st/hsc3 who can investigate the multiple activation and make a note on your account in case you need to use another in the future. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit