Haanji
Level 1: Cadet

Home Broadband Still Provisioning - Poor Customer Service - Promises of Updates / Callback not kept

Hello

I am not sure if this is the right platform. I would like to make a complaint about the poor shocking customer service I have been receiving from Telstra.

I signed up with Telstra on a Home XL bundle. Phone + Cable Broadband. The install date was 27 June between 10 and 2 pm. I call Telstra around 2 pm and get advised that the connection is done at the back end and it is working. I connected the modem tried everything and it did not work. So started the calling saga. Rep after Rep. Stories, Mixed messages. I gave up.

29 June: Finallly a guy understands and sends me a new modem. He also created a new profile and send a tech to fix the line.

I was told the new profile is for Cable service only (quicker way to get a tech to come and fix my connection) and once connected I will get a call back or I will have to call back to be put back on bundle.

30 June: The tech came out. Fixed the line and the internet started working. Worked for about 2 hours and died.

5 pm onwards till 10:30 pm: I called back again was told number of stories including one told me to change the modem (received reoplacement modem). Did that and it registered straightaway and told me 1 hour and it should be active. I waited and called back and everyone kept saying 24 hours wait.

A rep b ooked a technician again for me as he said some line issues.

A female rep said it will only take an hour and she will call me back and she insisted do not call Telstra at all and she will call me around 8 pm. I waited and called back and after being put through to few reps a sales Rep finally told me that he will be monitoring my connection i should be up and running by morning and he will call me next morning. I kept ringing Telstra only to ask shall I stay home for Tech or leave for work as the connection issue us Provisioning not physical.

01 July: I came to work and tech rocked at my place angry and rude to me over the phone. I tried explaining to him that there was no need for him and reps wont cancel your booking last night.

Mid day: Called number of reps got hold of a supervisor and he told me that your 24 hours will be up 6.30pm and he will call me back around 7 pm to give me update on my connection issue as it has to be escalated to Level 2 and might take another 24 hours. But he said " you can sue me if you dont receive a call back".

8pm: Called back and again after speaking to 3 different reps, no one can find the name of the supervisor and what he promised as he never bothered to update notes.

9:10pm: I am still talking to reps to get an answer. On hold. These guys seem to be helpful. But still waiting for an answer.

9:30pm: Neil from activations from Telstra order number: 1-506687610154 said as it was escalated mid day today and they will manage connection and it will be completed by 12 noon on 02 July 2015 and I will get a call back by 2pm.

As a customer I want a honest answer and a call back if promised. I never asked the reps to call me back but why offer when you cannot honor your word ?

Now even if I get connected, then I will have to go through the drama of gettting back on bundle.

It has been worst nightmare dealing with Telstra on this one.

I should be been told when I signed up or started the connection that our process might take 5 days or so so please be patient and do not expect any service or customer service or any call backs from us.

Attitude from the Reps is appauling. They do not want to listen to you. I thought they are meant to. They just want to convey what they are programmed to telll you, no solution focussed approach.

I am not very upset with this Supervisor (Lester or someone in activations - not sure of the name) from 12 pm on 01 July for a call back promise and couple of reps from 30 June around 7pm same deal, call back promises.

I know this complaint will not be looked at or dealt with and by the way I am not after a discount or credit. Happy to pay extra if it makes the service any quicker. I have used up all my mobile data as I have had to stay home and work waiting for Telstra techs.

Can anyone please help at all ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Home Broadband Still Provisioning - Poor Customer Service - Promises of Updates / Callback not k

That does sound like a very poor experience however unfortunately Crowdsupport is likely to not be the solution as it is for the most part a platform of Customers helping each other with general discussion and advice.

If you were wanting to lodge an actual complaint, which is completely understandable given the situation, you can do so online here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

It will be assigned to a case manager who should hopefully be of more assistance to you then the people you have been dealing with by the sounds of it.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Haanji

Re: Home Broadband Still Provisioning - Poor Customer Service - Promises of Updates / Callback not k

Thanks Dr Qwerty90 for the link and info. I wrote a complaint via email and it bounced back (i think wrong email ID). I will use your link to post a complaint. The link has word limit so I will have to cut it short and then wait for Telstra to call me and then explain the whole story again.

Hopefully someone listens to me and gives me an answer.

Thanks,

Haanji

Further update to the issue.

around 1 pm today a Rep called me. She was from case management. She advised me that since 24 hours are up from the time they escalated the request, they will not have to wait for 24 to 48 business hours (which means about 4 - 5 days) for the technicians at the back end to complete my activation / provisioning.

When I said I was never told about business hours component and then I was advised it is always like this, the techs are working in Australia and on Australian times (obvious I am not ringing about a connection to another country).

Well now i have been advised to keep checking and the Telstra case management rep will keep calling me every 24 hours until this is resolved.

So answer is wait for another 24 hours after being told last night to wait until mid day today and you will be connected.

But this time new info is BUSINESS HOURS not just HOURS.

I am posting this up here as my complaint will only take few characters and they will take 5 working days to look at my complaint / reply to my complaint.

So waiting again.

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Haanji 

Thanks for the update. It is great that you have at least been contacted, your concerns acknowledged and a promise that you will be contacted each day with a regular update. 

We understand how frustrating this is for you, and hopefully you will be able to let us know shortly, of a successful resolution. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Haanji

HI Lindy,

Thanks for the response. Further to my frustration. The Internet came on for about 1 hour on Friday 03 July in the morning and then about 2 hours at night around 9 pm. Then same thing on Saturday 04 July. And Sunday 05 July. I called up on Saturday and another technician visited this morning on 06 July.

I got a email of $838 bill on Sunday. I called and I was told I called for a technician to do a professional install twice so thats why I have been charged. More over as mentioned in my original post, Rep told me that i have standalone cable service which I said I signed up for a bundle.

The rep put a hold on my account and cannot do much as I have been assigned a case manager.

The technician has now advised me that why Telstra is sending a technician out as the issue requires an engineer. He will log a call with Telstra again.

I am now stuck in the middle. It has been the most frustrating time ever. Another day wasted. 3 days of time off from work.

And another thing. Why is my wife receiving phone calls from Telstra about our home broad band. I signed up for the service. I have my number on the service. I have been ringing up all the time and all the call backs go to my wife. The only mistake she did last week was gave the technician my wife's number to gain access to property and the technician used my wife's number to reset the password. That is it. and that was on the 29th June.

Lindy, can somebody resolve my issue. My dilemma is I have to stay with Telstra if I want the cable service. I really need the service to be up and running as I have to work from home a lot of days. I have been loosing time, money and no more mobile data (including various top ups).

Thanks,

Arun

Ashley
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Arun,

If you have been assigned a case manager they are the best person to speak with to follow up what is happening. They can liaise with any other teams that we need to on your behalf and work to get everything sorted out for you. You can get in touch with your case manager by calling 1800 814 242

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

ConK
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Following up how you went with Ash response Arun.

- Con 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit