geo_
Level 2: Rookie

home dashboard login

hello team telstra

is anyone else having trouble logging into 'home dashboard' CONTROLS tab - with their telstra ID..?

even forgetting / resetting my password doesn't seem to help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: home dashboard login

I am having the same problem. This is due to the Home Dashboard app being discontinued and no longer supported by Telstra. The free online Telstra Broadband protection have also been discontinued by Telstra.

Some of the tools in the dashboard app have been transferred to the my Telstra app.

geo_

thank you

it seems that now that Home Dashboard App has been removed - the parental control 'websites' I had listed are locked in the settings / modem ?

the advice from the telstra technician to access the parental control via the modem http is also NOT working -regardless of whether I turn OFF the 'Parental Controls' or 'URL Filter'

It is VERY dissapointing that telstra has removed the Home Dashboard App as it was SO convenient - and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent alternative.

I shall try to escalate my issue to a more advanced telstra technician in the coming days.

thank you 

cf4

If you have set up parental controls using the home dashboard app you can bypass these by changing both the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS in the modem to a non Telstra DNS. There is a drop down list of DNS servers in the modem at Advanced > Local Network. For settings to take effect either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect device. There is a image of DNS settings for Arcadyan modem below.

BizzyDizzyLizzy

Yes I am having same issues. Login failed try again later. Contacted Telstra and they have no idea! . Be nice if someone knew! 

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Was it also the Parental controls or something else you were trying to change Bizzy?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bizzy. Just checking in to see if you needed a further hand?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

BizzyDizzyLizzy

Apologies for late reply. I didn’t realise they had removed it. The protection one I remember being notified but not dashboard. I can still see my devices so are they keeping this going? 
cheers

BizzyDizzyLizzy

Hi and thanks

Just asked previous person if still keeping some features of dashboard as I can still view my devices? 
cheers

chrisandkathy4

Same issue here “ login failed, please try later”

can’t seem to run a speed test now either 

cf4

Speed test still works on my device.

Most of the tools that don't rely on a special Telstra web site such as the excellent WiFi mapping tool still work. It is a shame Telstra no longer supports this app as I find it the most useful of the Telstra apps. I will be keeping the app until a device firmware update breaks the app.

BizzyDizzyLizzy

I still can run speed test but can’t see up to date of all recent tests only thing I can’t do is just log in. 
Maybe have another look for wifi icon down bottom next to home button on my dashboard. 

BizzyDizzyLizzy

Sorry yes I can too but can’t see up to date results. Last week Last year etc. 

I am going to keep as well as It’s very handy! 
Thank you for your advice 😀

DC09
Level 1: Cadet

The broadband protection and setting can still be configured and toggle on and off via this site. but it was so much easier doing that via the app.

https://www.protect.telstra.com.au/broadbandprotect/dashboard

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit