djcarter
Level 1: Cadet

How can I get notified of upcoming maintenance work?

I know that I can check for outages or maintenance work in my area by visiting https://outages.telstra.com but this is only useful once the maintenance has started/I am already affected. How can I get proactive notifications of upcoming maintenances?

I work from home and attend a lots of video calls etc. and I have been affected by a lot of NBN maintenances lately, but I never get warning that they are going to occur. This means that I am mid call and it drops out, need to switch to hotspot, fiddle around and rejoin.  This is disruptive.  Had I known that the maintenance was going to occur in a certain window I could have planned around this.

Do I need to sign up to something (what, where), or does Telstra not support proactive notifications of maintenances?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How can I get notified of upcoming maintenance work?

You don't need to sign up or do anything to get notified of planned maintenance work. If Telstra knows of planned maintenance Telstra will send you a txt as well as sending a notification to the My Telstra app a few days before maintenance is planned to occur.. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: How can I get notified of upcoming maintenance work?

You could check your NBN network status on the webpage  - it also lists any Planned Maintenance.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit