telstra refuses to even acknowledge my calls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: how do i cancel my service i have no contract

Ring 132200 and when asked for reason of call say disconnection.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Ring 132200 and when asked for reason of call say disconnection.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have been trying to get onto Telstra for a week to cancel my Super Fast Liberty 8GB modem. I can't even send them an e-mail. I have not used this service for months now and will not continue to pay the monthly fee.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @wally08,

Apologies for the issues cancelling your service.

As you have noted our call centres are currently only able to support urgent

requests, and there are significant delays.

Generally a cancellation needs to go through to a specific team, but you may

have more luck at this point in time with the In-App message function within the My Telstra App for further support.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

So you have the app and website to do the cancellation and manage your account but you have to physically phone in? When you phone in you wait 40minutes with no answer.  

Great use of technology. Shows why people want to cancel.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Seriously Aaron, this makes no sense.  You are unable to cancel your contract anywhere on the app, trust me I've been trying for nearly 3 weeks now.  Can't get through on the phone or have an e-mail address to contact to at least leave a message.  There are many of us trying to cancel our contracts and we can't.  Telstra is happy to keep taking our money.  So what would happen if we don't pay the bill and are unable to take calls due to Covid19.???  Instead of contacting us I'm sure they will just put us on the debt list and it will affect everyone's credit rating.  What a great revenue maker Testra when people really need their hard earned money at the moment.

Highlighted

After I tried for ages to work out how to communicate with Telstra about anything to do with my account, I managed to speak to a sympathetic tech support person who arranged disconnection of my hopeless ADSL service for me.  But I now want to work out how to dispute the Modem Device Payout charge as I only cancelled because Telstra hasn't been able to provide a properly functioning ADSL service for several months.  I am now using a Optus 4G broadband service which works 1000 times better than the Telstra ADSL ever did...

Highlighted

Disconnect

Highlighted

Bad credit rating from you, I need to disconnect both accounts ..  J D Wolfe. 

Highlighted

I have two accounts with Telstra. I live in a isolated area.. and they tryed to get me for a me me also for a modern and didn't even time up.. I got the credit **bleep**ers looking for me now. Shame on you Telstra.. I want to cancel both my connections. Can't get to you! Oh the corana virus.. what a excuse

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit