Level 1: Cadet

How do I check which devices are currently logged into my WiFI?

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I check which devices are currently logged into my WiFI?

Which Telstra modem do you have?

You can log into the modem and look at the active devices..

For a Smart Modem 2, got to 192.168.0.1 and login using admin / Telstra as credentials (these are defaults as showing on the label on the bottom of the modem).

Go to advanced, Local Network, Devices to see the list. note that these aren't always relaible so you might have to disconnect things to be doubly sure.

If you have a mobile device connected by Wi-Fi to the network, you could also use an app like 'Fing' to see what else is connected. If your devices don't have 'friendly' names, it gets a bit harder because will show up based on their MAC address (and perhaps a manufacturer name etc.) so you would need to check all devices for that information. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I check which devices are currently logged into my WiFI?

Which Telstra modem do you have?

You can log into the modem and look at the active devices..

For a Smart Modem 2, got to 192.168.0.1 and login using admin / Telstra as credentials (these are defaults as showing on the label on the bottom of the modem).

Go to advanced, Local Network, Devices to see the list. note that these aren't always relaible so you might have to disconnect things to be doubly sure.

If you have a mobile device connected by Wi-Fi to the network, you could also use an app like 'Fing' to see what else is connected. If your devices don't have 'friendly' names, it gets a bit harder because will show up based on their MAC address (and perhaps a manufacturer name etc.) so you would need to check all devices for that information. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit