pecr14
Level 2: Rookie

How do I get to talk to someone with Telstra who actually cares?

So I took the plunge and trusted Telstra to connect an ADSL service and mistakenly listened to the sales representatives assurances that I would be connected before Christmas.  

I have wasted several hours of my life since 23rd Dec trying to get my connection completed.  While call centres in the Philipines may be cheaper for Telstra, the six individuals I have spoken to on several occasions all continued to dismiss my requests and seem quite comfortable in explaining the process to me in an incredibly frustrating parrot fasion.  They also either imply I am lying or the sales team were lying as they seem unprepared to accept any responsibility on behalf of Telstra.  The underlying sentiment is "too bad, not my problem".

Customer complaints closes just after lunch WA time so it just further reinforces my perception that Telstra are not only hopeless but they don't care.

So my question to Crowd Support is quite simple, "How do I get someone in Telstra to deliver the service that was promised in writing"?  

I have no doubt that if I cancel my service it wont even rate a mention anywhere and since the core of the organsiation seem to have zero focus on customer service (post contract), I doubt anyone will even care.

Any suggestions?

Oh and I note now that only Tesltra Customers can read this so I will have to find a more public forum to further vent my frustration.  Maybe as a reader you can paste this into an email and send to your friends?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How do I get to talk to someone with Telstra who actually cares?

G'day Pecr14, and welcome to Crowdsupport.

I feel for you,  but you CAN put in a complaint out of hours via LiveChat, and I just rang the 132200 and got right through to complaints once I said "complaint"

Having said that, you can put a complaint in via email, which I have always found better.

I suggest you do so, and put as much detail as you think it needs.within the limits of the fields.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

If you have the thing in writing giving dates etc than you definitely have a case, and you should pursue it.

Whilst I completely understand your frustration, posting multiple copies of the same thread isn't really helpful, and the forums here are visible to anyone, including those without a telstra account. You just cannot post without an account.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

ANZAC65
Level 4: Private Eye

I am a victim of Telstra so-called suport.

April 2014 80 emails to Complaints resolution Department ( directed to case manager),every email was opened and read and ignored over 8 weeks.The mail was read as per email reporting google application YESWARE.Their was never any explanation of the ignorance.I was treated by the Compliants resolution as some type of whinger on a 3 way telecon with TIO and telstra.As I was so tired of waiting for a solution.

They then signed me up for a 2 yr USB x 2 without my permission,when caught out they quickly fixed that.I think that is known as corporate fraud.

So my answer to you is they don't give a damn until you go to the TIO.Then the TIO is told by them.The TIO rep made not one word during the entire conversation.

I am batttling with them again with smart conytrols that take 10 mins to put into use,but its up to 48 hrs for a data report of usage.So with a 13 yr old on the other side of the country I am paying major over use every time the bill comes in.

Telstra only cares when caught out

PS: hard to get a accurate operator number or proof of conversation from off shore operators.

Its this reason that I am about finished with the 4 contracts to this discraceful company,never to return.

65,000 complaints to TIO 2013 how many was about Telstra,FOOD FOR THOUGHT

pecr14

Thanks for the feedback. No real surprise. Live chat gives a documented copy of what will be done.
Exxxxxx Angela "What I mean is that your Home Phone & Broadband will be connected within 7 Business Days". Pretty clear written agreement.
pecr14

Out of respect for you as someone who tried to help I will restrain my full thoughts other than to say I can't believe anyone would want to be a "Telstra Hero"
I can only assume you are an ex employee or someone who has had dream run with Telstra. Here is my challenge to you,
"start asking strangers what they think of Telstra. Just ask people in the shops, at the train station, and so on". If you truly are a hero you will accept this challenge. My experience is that people are either ambivalent (majority of Australia about most things) or you will see their blood boil".
You will not get many people who will just volunteer "yes they are a great organisation who care about their customers"
It is also interesting that I don't see any action or response from Telstra despite me posting my issue under several headings. So far Wanglese =0, PeCr14 =1
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

1: Never been an employee of Telstra

2: Had my share of issues with Telstra, but I work them through.

3: I don't keep score.

I can ask strangers what they think of Optus, Qantas, the Commonwealth Bank, Dodo, TPG, NIB, NRMA,  NBNCo, the Labor Party, the Coalition and a bunch of other organisations.  

The bigger ones tend to get brickbats, and Telstra cops its fair share, and sometimes deserves it.

For instance, I'm not happy about the amount of offshore processing that is done by Telstra, or any organisation, but I haven't met an employee of Telstra who isn't trying to do the right thing.  Similarly for the Commonwealth Bank,Qantas etc.  

By all means, gripe about the organisation, but the person on the end of the phone is a human being, trying to do their job, sometimes under restrictions.

I really do think the best thing you can do is go through the complaints system first, and if that gets you no satisfaction, go to the TIO. 

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit