CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

How do I tell if my HFC connection has been transferred to the NBN

Answered

I connected my Technicolor DJA0231 Telstra modem and cable adapter to my coax a bit over a week ago. I received a text from Telstra saying I would be transferred to the NBN in a few days.

How do I tell when I am connected to the HFC NBN?

Cheers...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I tell if my HFC connection has been transferred to the NBN

The Telephone light on the modem should turn green, but before you can connect to NBN a few changes will have to be made. Plugging the modem in just informs Telstra that you want to connect to NBN.

1. If your NBN connection is HFC you will receieve a NBN arris modem that will replace the cable adapter. You should be notified by Telstra when to do this or NBN co might send a Tech to do this for you and bring the modem with them.
  2. If your NBN connection is FTTC should receive a NBN FTTC modem that connects to the Telephone wall socket, the telstra modem connects to FFTC modem  or NBN co might send a Tech to do this for you and bring modem with them.
  3. If your NBN  connection is FFTN the Telstra modem DSL port has to be connected to phone socket on day of transfere to NBN.

You can find out the type of connection by entering your address on the NBN website.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I'm sure your reply will be helpful to many people, as it covers all the scenarios.

So the new hardware adapter between the cable and the modem is the indicator for me.

I'm definitely going to be HFC. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The Telephone light on the modem should turn green, but before you can connect to NBN a few changes will have to be made. Plugging the modem in just informs Telstra that you want to connect to NBN.

1. If your NBN connection is HFC you will receieve a NBN arris modem that will replace the cable adapter. You should be notified by Telstra when to do this or NBN co might send a Tech to do this for you and bring the modem with them.
  2. If your NBN connection is FTTC should receive a NBN FTTC modem that connects to the Telephone wall socket, the telstra modem connects to FFTC modem  or NBN co might send a Tech to do this for you and bring modem with them.
  3. If your NBN  connection is FFTN the Telstra modem DSL port has to be connected to phone socket on day of transfere to NBN.

You can find out the type of connection by entering your address on the NBN website.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I'm sure your reply will be helpful to many people, as it covers all the scenarios.

So the new hardware adapter between the cable and the modem is the indicator for me.

I'm definitely going to be HFC. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit