Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye

How do you get support from Telstra at all?

I wake to find that my HFC connection still has all the lights on but there is no internet connection. I've plugged a PC directly into my Arris modem and it reports no DHCP from telstra. Now I've gone through the Codi bot but it does nothing except keeps giving unhelpful information. I've tried the contact number on the page but after answering all the questions i get a message that the help centre is not staffed. I've tried to use the mobile app but it does not show my service. How does anyone actual manage to contact telstra for service?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do you get support from Telstra at all?

In the My Telstra app, type "Speak to a consultant" in the message. You will be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Really, you have to spend 5 minutes on the phone going through the IVR to be informed that the centre that provides support to customers is closed. really, if your closed why don;t you tell your customers up front rather than making them go through the process of providing validation information etc. You don;t need to validate anything if your closed. 

That bot you have is completely useless and more frustration than what it is worth.

Highlighted

Not my bot. I don't work for Telstra. If you type "speak to a consultant" it should get you transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

Or try calling in about half an hour. Most of the Telstra workforce starts work around 8am AEST. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

And not only that the direction to goto the telstra app and message you fails every time on multiple phones with a failure that the server is down. Seems there is no way to contact telstra at all. Great service.

Highlighted

"speak to a consultant" the bot responds to use the mobile app and message them. The message service on the mobile app fails on 3 different phones that the server is unavailable. No luck, and seems has to be luck, to get a hold of Telstra.

Highlighted

Finally got through to messaging on the app and what do you get...the bot again and that there is no one providing service....but hey it tells you to go off and continueyour day and eventually some one may get back to me. 

Highlighted

Well, yes. I did say that most of the Telstra staff commence work around 8am AEST.

Highlighted

Well bot still does nothing when asking for a consultant. The mobile app the same. The phone in now says to wait 30minutes on hold. 

Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi - have you tried to power reset the Arris modem to see if it gives you a network connection to your PC. Suggest you remove the PC from the Arris and also Reset the PC first before you retest it back to the Arris.   

Highlighted

Hi, Thanks for the suggestions everything has already been done prior to attempting to contact Telstra. The modem has been restarted 6 times. All 4 lights are green on the modem. There is 1 PC at the end of the modem. The DHCP requests are never responded to by the Telstra BNG. 

On hold for 20 minutes and waiting...

Highlighted

I should have said I've also tried 4 different PC's and all report the same problem....no DHCP response. These were all working when the service was left at 10pm last night.

Highlighted

50 minutes on hold just to lodge a fault. Out of an 8 hr working day thats approximately 10% of my day waiting to simply lodge the fault and get a ticket. 

The bot still does noting except say goto the app. The app says nothing except we will get back to you. 

Highlighted

Well after 2.5 hr trying to contact Telstra, and being on hold for 50 minutes, and the Telstra status page not reporting any issues, magically an IP address turns back up. I guess some one with more luck than myself finally found some way to contact Telstra and they managed to reset their end. This experience has certainly made me rethink my provider at this time. Some one with Australian representatives that can actually communicate with their customers would be magic. 

Highlighted

Yes, that is correct. Live Chat (web) was switched off months ago as there currently aren't enough staff to cover such a service.

And the My Telstra app is a messaging service, not a Live Chat type service. They will get back to you though.

Highlighted

In the mean time i can ring another RSP and they answer immediately......

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit