BGFL
Level 1: Cadet

How do you retrieve your bigpond user & password?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dowser
Level 20: Director

Re: How do you retrieve your bigpond user & password?

You can recover your Telstra Mail username and password at the page https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/change-a-mailbox-password

If it happens to be the case that you are referring to your Telstra ID then you can use the following webpage https://www.telstra.com.au/support/account-payment/access-manage-account-online?red=social-care-D349...

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @Dowser 

I don't suppose you know the default password Telstra set for new email address, When first connecting with Telstra? They send out a bill with your new @bigpond email address and never any correspondence about what your password is! I work across multiple Telstra accounts and this is a frequently asked question I get from new customers! The link above doesn't work to solve this issue for all customers. especially if you don't have a mobile phone or back up email linked. Sorry not trying to sound blunt Smiley Indifferent If "Telstra support" could find an answer, I would love to hear from them too Smiley Happy

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Dowser

If I am understanding you correctly, I will point out three things.

(1) one could look at their account contact information. In the My Telstra app that appears to be located at My Telstra > Profile icon (top right) > Account Settings >  Personal Details > Email Address

(2) Telstra have not provided new Telstra Mail accounts to customers since September 2020.

(3) If Telstra Mail accounts are unused for 6 months, Telstra may delete the account.

Rohan123

Not sure you are,

1. Cant look up the account information with out a mobile phone or the default password.

2. I have set up probably 10 Telstra accounts since September 2020 3 in the last 2 months and every time the new customer is allocated an @bigpond email address! Telstra just never inform you of the password! I normally just ring tech support and get a new password, But Telstra is making it harder and harder to contact them via phone, especially outside of business hours.

3. These are all new accounts.

There are reports of people complaining about this going back to 2017.

I just figured someone must know what the default password is as I'm sure not everyone rings Tech support or can even get through these days.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Dowser

Hi Rohan,

my comments regarding the non availability of new Telstra Mail accounts are based on Telstra’s own documentation, which they call:

Our Customer Terms BigPond service section

which states therein:

“3 Availability
3.1 From 20 September, Telstra Mail (with up to 15 included mailboxes) is not available to new Telstra Broadband customers or for a fee as a standalone product if you are not a Telstra Broadband customer.”  (Emphasis added)

So, based on your experience, it appears that Telstra’s practices are not adhering to their own policy.

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Rohan123. Thanks for flagging this. It sounds a bit strange, as the system should not be generating new bigpond email address. Sending you a PM to look into this further.  - Glenn 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit