CURRENCY
Level 2: Rookie

How is it Telstra is able to stay in business when they have such disgusting services and products

Victoria has almost non existent coverage for both NBN AND MOBILE DATA 

To try to get any help with this over last 2 yrs is impossible.

Nice reply and comments but false promises and less than suitable results.

Does anybody have an answer to the monopoly that Telstra is abusing by providing unfit for purpose services that are getting progressively worse by the day.

No help is available at all, no one cares and no possibility of getting anything other than hit and miss 5th world Internet or data. Australia is being crippled with apathetic services fro Telstra.

Is anyone responsible in this business ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How is it Telstra is able to stay in business when they have such disgusting services and produc

NBN is owned by the Government and operated by NBN Co. Telstra only sells the services that are available on it.

I'm in Regional Victoria and have great mobile coverage. Mobile coverage is determined by either a business case or the availability of Government funding (for those areas where the provision of the service would run at an excessive loss - Telstra is a publicly listed company and is required to try to run at a profit according the Australian Corporations Law).

Which part of Victoria are you in?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CURRENCY

Re: How is it Telstra is able to stay in business when they have such disgusting services and produc

Woodend 3442 is the area I speak of, I travel extensively all of Australia, remote areas I understand coverage issues but Woodend is a joke for anything to do with Telstra.

If under some conditions NBN and mobile data is very bad.

Service is affected under the following conditions

Rain 

Sun

Wind 

Cloud

Fog 

Snow

Hail

Sleet

Light or darkness

Basically it works properly between 3am and 3.01 am if none of the conditions above are present.

Come try in Woodend 

Have a crack and see how you go.

Jupiter

Mobile will be terrible in adverse weather conditions as when the Telcos tried to build mobile towers in and around the town over a decade ago the locals said they didn't want them.

There is a Telstra tower currently in the approval stages for the roof of the Coles supermarket which should improve reception.

As far as the NBN goes, you need to ask Telstra to get NBN Co to investigate the issues.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CURRENCY

What a load of wonkiest rubbish, Blaming residents for a sub standard service then charging them for a falsely advertised service that is basically unusable, Clear Sky, no wind and warm today but zero data and call drop outs.

I am sure these forums are monitored by paid soothsayers to control negative feedback.

Is it possible to get the truth out of anyone connected with Telstra or is it fake claims from top to bottom.

Would be good to hear what Telstra can do instead of crap reasons as to why nothing works as advertised.

Smoke and mirrors with no substance is good for apathetic morons who swallow it.

NBN SERVICE IS SOLD BY Telstra and misrepresented in the biggest way possible.

The truth is far from the reality.

NBN Dont have any role in publicising the performance of the service . Telstra does 

Jupiter

Have you bothered to ask Telstra to get NBN Co to investigate the problems that you are having with your service? Telstra can only investigate your modem and their network. The cables that join those two together is owned and operated by NBN Co. The problem with your service could quite simply be a bad termination on a cable. That would require an NBN Co technician to come out, test the line, find the fault and re-terminate the cable.

As far as the mobile phone problem goes, go for a walk and count the towers that are in Woodend. There currently isn't a single tower (from any company). A quick google search will bring up quite a few articles that quite clearly show that local opposition to towers in the town has hampered the erection of mobile towers in the area. Even in the past 12 months, locals and the Macedon Ranges Council have been objecting to the installation of towers in Woodend. So maybe complain to your local council about the problem as well and point out that there are people who would like to have better reception.

Telstra has to publish it's network performance figures. It's a requirement that is set out by the ACCC.

They don't publish performance figures for individual localities or properties.

Nobody here (other than the few Telstra moderators) are paid. This is primarily a customer to customer forum.

If you want to get a direct response from Telstra about the situation in your area, you should contact the Telstra Regional Australia contact.

Telstra Western Victoria
Regional General Manager
Steve Tinker
25 to 31 Abel St, Golden Square, VIC 3555

CURRENCY

Have I bothered to contact Telstra you ask.

That would be about 45 Hours of waiting to hear promises of action to rectify the situation, purchasing a smart antenna from telstra , then paying to have a yagi aerial installed and tuned on my rooftop when I have line of site to the tower which has been checked to have a perfect signal. Pathetic data flow and almost unusable calls.

When it comes to NBN performance I had a super fast connection that worked for 2 yrs at speeds of 100mbps Down and around 45mbps up.  ALL gOOD.

Then a tech came to my house, measured and verified signal was great go the same download speeds mentioned above.

The very next day my account was changed by telstra and speeds dropped to half that.

When I questioned this I was told that I never could have possibly had speeds like that as it was impossible in woodend. I was accused of lying by some nefarious tosser and told that no one could do anything better.

To sum it up from a long standing customer to other customers in the name of making them aware of the scam run by telstra in over promoting the ability of their services to perform.

Your defence of a second rate Company taking advantage of gullible customers whilst operating a very sub par third world service is what I am trying to get out in Public.

I can go on for a fair while longer but I am sure there will be another spin doctor like yourself to deny my opinion with feeble replies as to why Australia is a failed country, due to apathy by consumers not to rise up and demand useful products from pretend outfits like telstra.

The customer is the life of the Public Company 

Please Remember this.

Jupiter

Did you lodge a complaint with Telstra? https://telstra.com/complaints

Did you lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman? https://tio.com.au

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just giving you the facts about why Woodend is a mobile backwater (neither Optus or TPG/Vodafone have towers in Woodend either for the same reasons outlined above) as well as what the process is with NBN faults.

If you just want to rant, that's all well and good. You aren't going to get any solutions here by doing that. You need to approach the correct people (Telstra Complaints, Telstra Regional Australia and the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman).

CURRENCY

Fixed my NBN problem with Low speeds and no help from telstra many departments that promise help and never call back or do anything. Changed from telstra NBN to IINET AND DOUBLED CONNECTION SPEEDS.

Internet is now usable and functional.

Still waiting on contact after 2 weeks for mobile service team to reply to my request for help even though promised a call back within 24 hrs after elevation to urgent was made by consultant.

Fact is, no satisfaction from telstra, selling a service that does not work or is unusable except after 2am till 5am.

4th world service at first world money.  Fake Business, Very good at demanding payment, no good at providing service. Apathy in action.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit