Nvyiel
Level 1: Cadet

How long do you usually wait for your broadband plan to be changed after ordering it?

Answered

I've placed an order online on the 11th last month to change our current cable plan (200GB, 70/mo, no contract) to Large Bundle Casual (1000GB, 115/mo, no contract), having had minimal problem since signing up with Bigpond years ago, I was hoping this would go smoothly and hopefully on time (as the process tells you of 48-72 processing time.

Tomorrow it will be exactly 4 weeks since I've placed that order and still, nothing changed. 2 weeks ago I've talked to a support, who gave us a number to enquire to, I rang it and waited for a long while, only to be told by the department (Bundle Order Entry Team) on the other end that we shouldn't be able to reach that number directly... she was basically complaining about that... and I thought I had something to complain about...

We've had no contact with from any rep whatsoever since, I can't even track the order. How long is usually the actual wait time for these? And what's usually the cause of these hold ups, for any users that's experienced it before? Should I redo the order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How long do you usually wait for your broadband plan to be changed after ordering it?

Hello Nvyiel

Orders can take 48-72  Business Hours for an order to process I am sorry your order has not completed.

We do check all online orders to confirm that all the details are the same as on the account.

Not the experience we expect you to have when you contact a Team Member even if they do not normally take calls, we do have areas that work on the systems only and not the phones. 

If the order is not on your account then you can place it again, if the other order is still pending you will be unable to./

You can upgrade your plan via My Account  http://tel.st/3fdd  .

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
KathleenC
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How long do you usually wait for your broadband plan to be changed after ordering it?

Hello Nvyiel

Orders can take 48-72  Business Hours for an order to process I am sorry your order has not completed.

We do check all online orders to confirm that all the details are the same as on the account.

Not the experience we expect you to have when you contact a Team Member even if they do not normally take calls, we do have areas that work on the systems only and not the phones. 

If the order is not on your account then you can place it again, if the other order is still pending you will be unable to./

You can upgrade your plan via My Account  http://tel.st/3fdd  .

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Nvyiel

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for replying, I've just placed another order and it did let me proceed and complete it. Hopefully, the process will go through this time.

Thanks again,

Nvyiel

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, and I trust this will be completed for you soon!

Nvyiel

Thanks, it seems like everything is in process now, had a call from a rep about the bundled phone and have another rep tracking the order and getting back to me. Thanks for all help!

brendoncarter

This seams to be a very common thing these days. Telstra customer service is a joke these days. To much automation and cost cutting when there charges just keep going up.
unhappy customer

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit